Conradie Development - Pinelands

SAguy

Expert Member
The old Conradie hospital site is finally getting utilised.

This new development is officially starting, launch is this weekend.

Bachelor flats starting at R950k
2 Bedroom flats at R1.9m
Duplex units at R2.9m

That's open market prices. Places will also be subsidised for low income households.

Really hope they fix the road infrastructure here first though, traffic at the main intersection is backed up nearly 2km in the mornings in between residential properties and side streets. Residents struggle to get out of their driveways here in the mornings...

Also, special mention to all the aśshats who use Thornton as a thoroughfare... I'm sure there are a few of you on here.

View attachment 784240
View attachment 784242

Smokey mcpot

Let me be the first to assure you that they won’t do anything for the increase in traffic or fix any of the roads properly. It’s been happening all over where blocks are erected but noBody looks into the extra congestion and state of the roads

signates

Executive Member
Let me be the first to assure you that they won’t do anything for the increase in traffic or fix any of the roads properly. It’s been happening all over where blocks are erected but noBody looks into the extra congestion and state of the roads
Agreed

Why Jan Smuts from Viking Way to the N2 has not yet been widened is beyond me. There's adequate space for a dual carriageway in both direction. It's a major bottleneck with practically 4 lanes merging into 1 every afternoon.

AlmightyBender

Expert Member
Also, special mention to all the aśshats who use Thornton as a thoroughfare... I'm sure there are a few of you on here.
Aweh, salute.

But yeah don't hold your breath about them modifying that bridge. It already backs up from there to the other side of Thornton at some points in the mornings. Add a few hundred extra cars and "you gonna have a bad time".

If only it was limited to people who work at Mutual Park, then it would actually remove a few hundred cars from the roads and the dreaded OM parking lots.

SAguy

Expert Member
Aweh, salute.

But yeah don't hold your breath about them modifying that bridge. It already backs up from there to the other side of Thornton at some points in the mornings. Add a few hundred extra cars and "you gonna have a bad time".

If only it was limited to people who work at Mutual Park, then it would actually remove a few hundred cars from the roads and the dreaded OM parking lots.
Mutual people can fark off as well... they can give up their precious little golf course and build a bridge to Voortekker road.
That bridge, yeah man... it's a disaster in the mornings... plus taxis coming from the shìthole that is mutual station also.
How many people is expected to live here?
I think its 3000

Splinter

Honorary Master
Mutual people can fark off as well... they can give up their precious little golf course and build a bridge to Voortekker road.
That bridge, yeah man... it's a disaster in the mornings... plus taxis coming from the shìthole that is mutual station also.

I think its 3000
Mutual people tell you to fark off as well ;)

That precious little golf course is gone. Not sure how you think it will make a difference to traffic though. Seeing at it too will be turned into housing.

SAguy

Expert Member
Mutual people tell you to fark off as well ;)

That precious little golf course is gone. Not sure how you think it will make a difference to traffic though. Seeing at it too will be turned into housing.
Oh yeah, I remember seeing a notice about that. Even more traffic... hopefully staff living there will reduce traffic a bit.

Splinter

Honorary Master
Oh yeah, I remember seeing a notice about that. Even more traffic... hopefully staff living there will reduce traffic a bit.
Yep. But still interested in that bridge you mentioned.

SAguy

Expert Member
Yep. But still interested in that bridge you mentioned.
Quite a few years ago there was talk of a bridge across the golf course, could be 8 years ago. Eventually a flyover would have extended to Century City somewhere...

There was a public participation thing at the time... don't know what ever happened to that idea though.

Splinter

Honorary Master
Quite a few years ago there was talk of a bridge across the golf course, could be 8 years ago. Eventually a flyover would have extended to Century City somewhere...

There was a public participation thing at the time... don't know what ever happened to that idea though.
I think that's a bit silly. For obvious reasons.

AlmightyBender

Expert Member

I think its 3000
+1000

I purposefully adjust my commute to work to miss the worst of it.

Another bridge towards century city sounds like an excellent idea for the whole city. Pinelands and it's closed off nature is one of the biggest culprits to congestion at Koeberg interchange and Jakes Gerwall.

Smokey mcpot

I honestly hate that all these new buildings get approval without provisions for traffic. I’m pretty sure some pockets are being lined by developers to overlook the traffic issues. In fact there are a heck of lot more illegal approval apart from traffic. In our area they put up a 4 story block on a property which used to be 2 houses. The block is built right up to the border with balconies almost into the neighbors yard and looking right into the neighbors house. Massive invasion of privacy and highly illegal to build like that... yet approved. These big developers are assholes and don’t even wanna speak to the complainants about it. They just carry on as if there are no issues at all.

SAguy

Expert Member
I honestly hate that all these new buildings get approval without provisions for traffic. I’m pretty sure some pockets are being lined by developers to overlook the traffic issues. In fact there are a heck of lot more illegal approval apart from traffic. In our area they put up a 4 story block on a property which used to be 2 houses. The block is built right up to the border with balconies almost into the neighbors yard and looking right into the neighbors house. Massive invasion of privacy and highly illegal to build like that... yet approved. These big developers are assholes and don’t even wanna speak to the complainants about it. They just carry on as if there are no issues at all.
In our case we not only had to fight with developers but also with the WC government, who just steam rolled us. Any objection you raise you get told you're a racist or supporting the legacy of apartheid by not allowing this special development in your community. It's ridiculous

AlmightyBender

Expert Member
In our case we not only had to fight with developers but also with the WC government, who just steam rolled us. Any objection you raise you get told you're a racist or supporting the legacy of apartheid by not allowing this special development in your community. It's ridiculous
I doubt anybody is being racist when
A) concerns are linked to key infrastructure not being upgraded to support the increased density
B) houses START at R2.9m my fok marelise

newby_investor

Expert Member
Usually widening roads does little to solve traffic problems, on the contrary any gains are often short-lived as more cars start using widened roads.

World cities that have actually succeeded in solving traffic problems in certain areas do it by making things more unpleasant for cars but encouraging pedestrian / cyclist traffic and reliable public transport.

Good luck getting that right here.

Rocco1

Pinelands traffic and forest drive will be gridlocked daily.

The development assumed an 80% commute by rail, good luck with that...
Hence probably negilible upgrading of surrounding roads.