Consumer panel members should serve ICASA's interests, obviously!

chop

I can't spot the difference.

Old: Make recommendations and suggestions to the Authority on current consumer concerns.
New: Make recommendations and suggestions to the Authority on current consumer concerns.

LazyLion

King of de Jungle
It is debatable whether ICASA has the best interest of consumers or its own best interests at heart

Um, no it is not debatable at all. :(

The Trutherizer

Executive Member
Look... Just the fact that an organisation is prohibiting its members from making statements to the public is suspect as hell. Especially when you think we are supposed to live in a country respectful of the freedom of information. My only conclusion is that the public will not like what is going on inside ICASA and when you think they are supposed to be by the people for the people then the whole thing starts reeking of corruption.

I do not trust ICASA and until they can act in an open manner I will not even start to trust them. I'm sorry - I've had more than enough of this 'smoke and mirrors' modus operandi from our telecoms industry.

And when you think that Telkom, ICASA, our banks and a whole lot of other 'public service' organisations have featured on sites such as wikileaks then our lovely country starts looking more and more like a police state run by money grabbers.

Last edited:

Rinkhals

It is extraordinary that an arm of industry as manifestly important as Communication and Information Technology seems to be saddled with the most self serving and inefficient wasterals in the Country.

If we are to compete on a global scale, we need to have telcomm systems which serve us and are up to the job.

Instead, this most important facet of International business is handed to incompetents like Ivy Matsepe-Casaburri and the current incumbent, Siphiwe Nyanda, as their personal fifedoms.

Vrotappel

Bulls fan
ICASA only has one purpose and that is to ensure that the connected few get as stinking rich as possible.