Consumer Protection Act

Pooky

Garfield's Teddy
Does anyone have somewhere can download or read a copy, or knows about it?

Reason I ask is I want to find out if a customer has the right to have a full cash refund even if the store the product was purchased from gives credits for exchange and not cash refunds.

Thanks

rwenzori

Honorary Master

Reason I ask is I want to find out if a customer has the right to have a full cash refund even if the store the product was purchased from gives credits for exchange and not cash refunds.

Thanks

Maybe it also protects the consumer from BoB scammers, hey Pooks.

Sackboy

Executive Member

Thanks
I think it depends on the reason. If you simply made a wrong choice, then they can give you a credit note and charge you a restocking fee.

If the item was faulty or something, then you have to ASK for a refund.

Pooky

Garfield's Teddy
No if the item is not faulty, they just are bringing it back because they don't want it.

ic

White Walker [wearing a MyBroadband Jacket]
Super Moderator
Maybe it also protects the consumer from BoB scammers, hey Pooks.
Oddly enough I was thinking exactly what you were thinking when I saw this thread, it's spooky how that happens.
No if the item is not faulty, they just are bringing it back because they don't want it.
:wtf:

If you [Z] decide to buy X from Y, and you [Z] receive X from Y, and you [Z] have paid Y for X, then it is a done deal, and you cannot undo what has already been done bcos you [Z] don't want X any more, but let us know what the law says about this.

Pooky

Garfield's Teddy
If you [Z] decide to buy X from Y, and you [Z] receive X from Y, and you [Z] have paid Y for X, then it is a done deal, and you cannot undo what has already been done bcos you [Z] don't want X any more, but let us know what the law says about this.
I'm trying to find out just that.

Personally I think if the store has a no refund policy but will exchange the item then that should be fine.

Milano

Honorary Master
AFAIK, the act has been signed into law but only comes into effect in October 2010.