Controversy hits new Afrikaans reality show Kwarantyn after a contestant used the k-word live on air

abzo

Honorary Master
But here's a bit of info that could be useful if anyone is willing to investigate...If this is the same Jana le Roux, then she is also a estate agent ala Momberg and Sparrow. She looks like her and is also from Centurion but I don't want to spread any rumours.

The husband on the show's name is Braam...This is Braam le Roux properties....

Seem the K word is common with estate agents.

Further investigation by Detective Abzo’chu and associates confirms the above.

.IMG_4475.JPGIMG_4476.JPG

Reactions: STS

sox63

Executive Member
Serious question, but is the K word really that much of white peoples vocabulary that it just slips out like that?

the term to describe losing in such a heavy manner in a simple competition and that word to come out?

xeslaro

Executive Member
Serious question, but is the K word really that much of white peoples vocabulary that it just slips out like that?

the term to describe losing in such a heavy manner in a simple competition and that word to come out?
Serious question - have you ever seen someone paint their finger nails using a broom?

Polymathic

Honorary Master
I find that racists/bigots that you meet for the first time can't wait for the opportunity to blurt out their bigotry be an older Indian man dropping a k-bomb into the conversation or Afrikaaner somehow finding a way to tell you how much they hate English people. Just my experience

Grant

Honorary Master
The youngest niggie is the most “colourful”. Is it not racist to call someone coloured colourful?
It is probably more racist to call someone colourful, coloured.

abzo

Honorary Master
What she said was an expression and not as insult.
Next thing the reference like "black listed" and "black balled" will be frowned upon.
People must get a life.
Aren’t you the guy who constantly calls Minister Zuma a “maid”?

Captain Beer

Executive Member

I'm 34. First time in my life I've heard this particular expression. Can't say I've ever heard any of my friends use the K word either.

Rhein

Instead of saying what she said, would it be acceptable if she declared the result a white wash?

joshuatree

Expert Member
Instead of saying what she said, would it be acceptable if she declared the result a white wash?
Die Opsigter just said the Le Roux family is becoming " witwarm " after the karoake competition tonight.

wizardofid

Executive Member
My view on this is that, what she said was wrong, while it wasn't directed at any one, but doesn't make it any better, directly or indirectly.

The bigger issue I find, is that people especially on facebook and twitter, all calling her a racist for using the word, using the word doesn't make you a racist, especially in the context she used it in. Which the trolls on facebook and twitter can't grasp and I find it highly annoying and irritating.

Whether there is a distinct difference between making a racist remark and being racist I don't know.