Convicted racist Penny Sparrow dies of lung cancer - report

LCBXX

Honorary Master
Sparrow's post never directly stated that Black People were monkeys. Someone or some group went and made the connection, stating that "monkeys" implies a derogatory reference to Black People. It furthermore disregarded that other people, who would've been present at the same beach on the same day and who could've also littered, are not considered in the derogatory term.

Question 1: Why aren't those who made the 'monkeys = Black People' connection labelled racist(s)?

Question 2: If we are to accept that monkeys = Black People and the punishment for saying that is a fine of R150,000, what punishment does saying the following race groups are, as an example, attract:
Dogs, cockroaches = White People
Snakes = Indian People

Care to venture a answer, @hungrymamba?

Last edited:

Slootvreter

Honorary Master
Sparrow's post never directly stated that Black People were monkeys. Someone or some group went and made the connection, stating that "monkeys" implies a derogatory reference to Black People.

Question 1: Why aren't those who made the 'monkeys = Black People' connection labelled racist(s)?

Question 2: If we are to accept that monkeys = Black People and the punishment for saying that is a fine of R150,000, what punishment does saying the following race groups, as an example, are following, attract:
Snakes = Indian People
Everything is racist if you want it to be.

STS

Mafia Detective
Sparrow's post never directly stated that Black People were monkeys. Someone or some group went and made the connection, stating that "monkeys" implies a derogatory reference to Black People. It furthermore disregarded that other people, who would've been present at the same beach on the same day and who could've also littered, are not considered in the derogatory term.

Question 2: If we are to accept that monkeys = Black People and the punishment for saying that is a fine of R150,000, what punishment does saying the following race groups are, as an example, attract:
Snakes = Indian People

Read her initial comment againimages - 2019-07-26T123154.426.jpeg

MEIOT

Expert Member
The creature is dead - perhaps this story should die with her. Wasted energy debating it now - all things considered.

STS

Mafia Detective
In appreciation of your kindness I shall goose step up and down the town square during lunchtime.
Geese honk too don't they? Can do a clown world meme while you're at it and your weekend will be complete

thechamp

Honorary Master

Snakes = Indian People

I still don't understand why you are trying so hard...

Suspect99

Executive Member

Snakes = Indian People

Yoh the mental gymnastics here

Craig

Honorary Master
There is still a lot of racism in this country... sadly. Most people don't even know when they are being racist.. this applies to all races. As a coloured person I can tell you that in coloured circles its not uncommon to hear the K word. I travel by train and even then you hear it openly
I had a family member that used that word as if it's normal. He did this just before my kids birthday, told him he is not welcome at my house as I have have black, coloured and white guests coming and I will not allow him to make them feel unwelcome,so he is not invited.

ponder

Honorary Master
I had a family member that used that word as if it's normal. He did this just before my kids birthday, told him he is not welcome at my house as I have have black, coloured and white guests coming and I will not allow him to make them feel unwelcome,so he is not invited.
I came up with his reply in my head which made me chuckle:laugh:

Grant

Honorary Master
Geese honk too don't they? Can do a clown world meme while you're at it and your weekend will be complete
That's a bit of a stretch. Could we compromise a little. I'll shove a sparkler up my nought, light it, then do cartwheels down the post office stairs at tea time?

LCBXX

Honorary Master
I still don't understand why you are trying so hard...
The question has not be answered by our legal system. The standard for prosecuting, fining and/or jailing those has not been established. Unless the reason is deliberate.