Convicted racist Penny Sparrow dies of lung cancer - report

Cray

Honorary Master
There is absolutely no need to goto the lengths you are going, she was a racist, she is gone, end of story.
Does saying one racist thing make you deserving of that label for life (and death in this case)? Seems more than a little harsh to tar the woman's entire existence based on an one ill-advised comment (for which she was punished)

thechamp

Honorary Master
Does saying one racist thing make you deserving of that label for life (and death in this case)? Seems more than a little harsh to tar the woman's entire existence based on an one ill-advised comment (for which she was punished)
I don't know, that's a good point and a good argument to have, although it is clearly not the angle that LCBXX is coming from, perhaps we should extend the scope to other convicted criminals as well and have a meaningful discussion on it.

daveza

Honorary Master
Headline - Racist Penny Sparrow Dies.

I don't recall Necklace advocate Winnie Mandela dies, Adulterer Sibusiso Radebe shot dead, Drunkard Manto Tshabalala-Msimang dies....

Show some class man.

S7wede

Expert Member
Can I just say what an utter load of **** the media is in this country.

1. She has not died of lung cancer. I won't go into details because there is more than just 1 victim in this story and it has been very hard for the family.

2. None of you can ever understand the pure unadulterated hate that the rest of the family have had to endure. From death threats to stalking, even to this day.

LCBXX

Honorary Master
I don't know, that's a good point and a good argument to have, although it is clearly not the angle that LCBXX is coming from, perhaps we should extend the scope to other convicted criminals as well and have a meaningful discussion on it.
This whole lumping together of crimes, where humans were victims of injury/death/theft of personal property/etc is considered as severe as words on a page which, supposedly, inflict similar levels of hurt. How can the latter be objectively measured against the former, to the same extent that people get fined and/or jailed?

1. She has not died of lung cancer. I won't go into details because there is more than just 1 victim in this story and it has been very hard for the family.

2. None of you can ever understand the pure unadulterated hate that the rest of the family have had to endure. From death threats to stalking, even to this day.
You're on the money. Sparrow's "crime" went way beyond the actual merits of the incident, devolving into a state where SJW's and politicians alike bandwagoned to abuse the matter to some unknown end. Her daughter was threatened with rape, other family memebers with assault, all of which are actual crimes that resulted in little to no prosecution of the perps. The latter all easily identifiable by their social-media profiles, by the way. Yet, the message is that these threats are somehow justifiable. WTF?

thestaggy

Honorary Master

Local media in general has been grossly irresponsible when it comes to driving the racial narrative and divide in SA.

LD50

And these black thugs on facebook wanting to cut white people's heads off and rape their daughters..
Yes we've seen plenty of snapshots of those posts, anything happening to them?

S7wede

Expert Member
A different cause of death or is she still alive?
She died of Colon cancer. The media can't even bloody fact check a death certificate.

Witness protection

@S7wede if you know them personally I was just joking, my apologies if it was in bad taste.
I have known the family for over 20 years, what she said was incredibly stupid, but not worth any of this vitriol. Also @The_Mowgs If it's not completely morbid and hurtful, I say joke away. Sometimes humor can help heal fresh wounds.

IssiAmd

Penny Sparrow was a racist, read the tweet that got her in hot water and if you still reach some other conclusion then I don't know.

My guess though is that most of our country is racist as well, the situation is just so messed up.
There's this 'racism tension' in the air, I'm sorry I'm not sure how to better put it.
And then you have people like Penny who ending up bearing the brunt of the situation because they expressed themselves in public or just got caught in the act.

I felt sorry for Penny Sparrow and her family, I still to do.

LCBXX

Honorary Master
And these black thugs on facebook wanting to cut white people's heads off and rape their daughters..
Yes we've seen plenty of snapshots of those posts, anything happening to them?
There's no need to bring skin pigmentation into such matters. Such statements are threats, irrespective who makes them. The decision by authorities on which of these to prosecute is what's worrying.

LD50

Local media in general has been grossly irresponsible when it comes to driving the racial narrative and divide in SA.
Yeah they love the sensation factor. Why you see a platoon of journos at EFF conferences etc, especially when Julias opens his bek
Compare the media attention being afforded to the most racist party in SA to any other party including tye ANC..yes the media is helping racial devide growing faster