Cool homegrown technology innovations - Made in South Africa

Chingha

Expert Member
"The energy company, founded in the 1950s, developed its process from already-known coal to liquid technology."

What are you pussyfooting around here @Jan?

RonSwanson

Executive Member
Fun fact: Computicket is still running the original software that was built over half a century ago.
And one can see it based on the service received. That's exactly why I am so surprised to see them on the list. Whilst they are definitely founders, ancient tech makes service totally kak.

DA-LION-619

Honorary Master
And one can see it based on the service received. That's exactly why I am so surprised to see them on the list. Whilst they are definitely founders, ancient tech makes service totally kak.
I’m surprised Thawte isn’t on the list.

nicroets

@Jan, you should add Keeloq ("Code hopping") to the list. Developed by Nano Tech and licensed by a major US chip company. Even go interview Gideon Khuun. His encryption algorithm secured many major car brands and various other remote controls for many years.

freematrix

Yellow fever vaccine was actually invented by Mark Zuckerberg who went back in time and has been puttng chips into vaccines for decades to prepare them for his mind control to use facebook. If you dont believe me, I read it on facebook. Go check it out.

RonSwanson

Executive Member
@Jan, you should add Keeloq ("Code hopping") to the list. Developed by Nano Tech and licensed by a major US chip company. Even go interview Gideon Khuun. His encryption algorithm secured many major car brands and various other remote controls for many years.
Developed during apartheid, under crypto and munitions sanctions, a proprietary crypto algorithm that has been proven time and time again to be Swiss cheese. If it were good then it would have been great, but it's really nothing to be proud of, we basically scored a massive own goal. It was OK for the time, we never had anything else.
You are correct in that it is still implemented today for many vehicle "security" systems, as well as most 433Mhz remotes for doors and other things. Apparently people don't care too much about using bad crypto.

Last edited:

backstreetboy

Honorary Master
Cool article!
Appears every few years.

RedViking

Nord of the South
Appears every few years.

That is so awesome!!