Cool Ideas - Absolutely disgusting deceitful behaviour

Muki330

Openserve laid cable in my area. I sign up with Cool ideas. From the time I received my router I wasnt getting the speeds I signed up for.
I log a complaint, Openserve technician gets sent out and eventually it gets established that openserve was cutting my line
A whole month later the issue is still not resolved and I start getting emails saying your account will be cancelled if you dont pay.

I phone the accounts department as well as the dedicated consultant dealing with my query and inform them I am unhappy, uncomfortable and it is unfair to me that I am paying for something which I am not receiving. Also that you are now forcing me to pay for a service which you cannot provide and do not know when it will be resolved and that this has nothing to do with me, it is between Cool Ideas and Telkom.

I get told by both the accounts department and the consultant to pay your account in full and when the issue is resolved we will credit you. It takes Openserve another month to resolve the issue, So it is 2 months paying for a 100mbps line and getting download speeds of 0.5 mbps - 1.5 mbps

I go and request my credit since the issue has now been resolved and get told sorry we will not credit you.

Col Ideas is this how you do business? By deliberately lying to your customers and forcing them to pay and then turning around and say no credit? I must suffer for the imcompetence of Telkom and your companys imcompetence and laziness in enforcing your contracts and taking it up with Telkom?

When you phone Cool Ideas and ask to speak to a manager you get told sorry our phones cannot transfer the line internally and we wont be giving out their email address or direct line either.
My reference number is 697120

rh1

Expert Member
New member @Muki330, did not read that large wall of text, but @PBCool is the person you want. And take note, most people on this forum is quite happy with Cool Ideas. When I was with them never had an internet issue other than payfast issue.

PBCool

Cool Ideas
Company Rep
Openserve laid cable in my area. I sign up with Cool ideas. From the time I received my router I wasnt getting the speeds I signed up for.
I log a complaint, Openserve technician gets sent out and eventually it gets established that openserve was cutting my line
A whole month later the issue is still not resolved and I start getting emails saying your account will be cancelled if you dont pay.

I phone the accounts department as well as the dedicated consultant dealing with my query and inform them I am unhappy, uncomfortable and it is unfair to me that I am paying for something which I am not receiving. Also that you are now forcing me to pay for a service which you cannot provide and do not know when it will be resolved and that this has nothing to do with me, it is between Cool Ideas and Telkom.

I get told by both the accounts department and the consultant to pay your account in full and when the issue is resolved we will credit you. It takes Openserve another month to resolve the issue, So it is 2 months paying for a 100mbps line and getting download speeds of 0.5 mbps - 1.5 mbps

I go and request my credit since the issue has now been resolved and get told sorry we will not credit you.

Col Ideas is this how you do business? By deliberately lying to your customers and forcing them to pay and then turning around and say no credit? I must suffer for the imcompetence of Telkom and your companys imcompetence and laziness in enforcing your contracts and taking it up with Telkom?

When you phone Cool Ideas and ask to speak to a manager you get told sorry our phones cannot transfer the line internally and we wont be giving out their email address or direct line either.
My reference number is 697120
Hi sorry to hear of this, I am investigating.

Muki330

Registers only to complain. Did Hallopeter redirect you here?
If you took the time to read to understand and not just pass smart ass comments maybe you would see my situation warrants a complaint

But as they say people condemn what they do not understand...

Muki330

What does that mean?
Throttling / shaping, not enough bandwidth is what people who was working with Telkom said...you can apply the correct terminology but basically on a 100mbps package get dl speeds of less than 50 after 12 midday, gets cut by half again at 4pm to under 20 mbps, cut again at 6pm to between 0.5 and 1.5 from 6pm to 12pm.

RazedInBlack

RazedInBlack
If you took the time to read to understand and not just pass smart ass comments maybe you would see my situation warrants a complaint

But as they say people condemn what they do not understand...

You situation does warrant a complaint, you're absolutely right but that is not what @MightyQuin was asking.

Your statement:
eventually it gets established that openserve was cutting my line
What does this actually mean? It does seem a bit confusing.

Muki330

You situation does warrant a complaint, you're absolutely right but that is not what @MightyQuin was asking.

Your statement:

What does this actually mean? It does seem a bit confusing.
I have responded to him, go back and check, you are taking my response to shooter69 and applying it to mightyQuin...

MightyQuin

Not amused...
Throttling / shaping, not enough bandwidth is what people who was working with Telkom said...you can apply the correct terminology but basically on a 100mbps package get dl speeds of less than 50 after 12 midday, gets cut by half again at 4pm to under 20 mbps, cut again at 6pm to between 0.5 and 1.5 from 6pm to 12pm.
Just bear in mind it IS important to use the correct terminology when posting and asking for help.

There is a HUGE difference between a line that is "cut" and a line that is "throttled".

Just sayin'...

Muki330

@PBCool just got told again that I will not getting a credit, again is this how you do business by forcing me to pay whilst you couldnt provide a service?

Neither your accounts department or the consultant dealing with my query mentioned we will request a credit from openserve and if they want to credit you we will credit you.
If I was told the truth from the start I wouldve said no put my account on hold I am not paying you till the issues have been resolved.
I was told by your company I will be getting a credit.

It seems what get said about this company on this forum is different to what actually happens on ground level.

PBCool

Cool Ideas
Company Rep
@PBCool just got told again that I will not getting a credit, again is this how you do business by forcing me to pay whilst you couldnt provide a service?

Neither your accounts department or the consultant dealing with my query mentioned we will request a credit from openserve and if they want to credit you we will credit you.
If I was told the truth from the start I wouldve said no put my account on hold I am not paying you till the issues have been resolved.

It seems what get said about this company on this forum is different to what actually happens on ground level.
Let me investigate please, also you are welcome to message me at any point if you are unhappy.

Last edited:

Daddy2B

I tend to have a very similar issue going on with coolideas. The very reason I signed up with them was because of all the positive ranting and raving here.
Now I'm the one being asked to pay despite them not holding up their end and having the audacity to state that "Cool Ideas will not credit any customer because of Fibre downtime or slow speeds caused by maintenance on a fibre line, break in connection, power failures, slow speeds caused by FNO’s network, load shedding or any reason caused by third parties."

PBCool

Cool Ideas
Company Rep
I tend to have a very similar issue going on with coolideas. The very reason I signed up with them was because of all the positive ranting and raving here.
Now I'm the one being asked to pay despite them not holding up their end and having the audacity to state that "Cool Ideas will not credit any customer because of Fibre downtime or slow speeds caused by maintenance on a fibre line, break in connection, power failures, slow speeds caused by FNO’s network, load shedding or any reason caused by third parties."
Hi, do you have a support ref I can investigate? These are best effort services and so if a fibre provider is at fault they typically won't provide a refund. If we are at fault then we are happy to?

Last edited:

Daddy2B

Hi, do you have a support ref I can investigate? These are best effort services and so if a fibre provider is at fault they typically won't provide a refund. If we are at fault then we are happy to?
Hi PBCool, thank you for the response.
I had a chat with Opal and explained the history of this situation. She too agreed that it is not ideal and said she would raise it higher up for a more favorable outcome. Seems like that too was unsuccessful...
Is this the reference you need? #COOL-20210908-766124

PBCool

Cool Ideas
Company Rep
Hi PBCool, thank you for the response.
I had a chat with Opal and explained the history of this situation. She too agreed that it is not ideal and said she would raise it higher up for a more favorable outcome. Seems like that too was unsuccessful...
Is this the reference you need? #COOL-20210908-766124
Thanks let me have a look.

r00igev@@r

Executive Member
What is your area?

r00igev@@r

Executive Member
Just bear in mind it IS important to use the correct terminology when posting and asking for help.

There is a HUGE difference between a line that is "cut" and a line that is "throttled".

Just sayin'...
It cuts both ways...