Cool Ideas Fibre ISP – Feedback Thread 2

WickedMONK3Y

It is still not the greatest tonight and not a peep from CI. Some international is still just not working. Trying to reinstall Office 365 at 200kbps is not even funny. Usually the install is done in a few minutes but so far 30 minutes later and its still installing... sigh. Come on CI give us some updates even if its one of those hard to track and trace issues.

WickedMONK3Y

Something has died/broke/failed somewhere but they are not updating us as to whats going on and are just leaving us in the dark. They also don't really have 24/7 support staff so we sit with our fingers up our outbox waiting for some scrap of info as to whats wrong with some international sites/bandwidth, but remember.. International is "not guaranteed".

image132

Expert Member
I almost feel guilty for not having issues. But I did sit with issues for 6+ months so I sympathize with you guys.

Ever since Octotel did their upgrades twitch has been good for me. Today is no different.

Octotel 100/25, Cape Town, Southern Suburbs.

London Coreix:

Armizael

Seeing some weirdness with my upload speed - that's the highest result I've been able to get locally, earlier it was around 80mbps. Download speed is fine.

Also unable to connect to PSN and strangely enough, Netflix on my samsung tv isn't working (nor is the samsung app store) - works just fine on the Xbox though.

Strangely enough, when I swap to my mobile connection, the Samsung stuff works 100% again.
Not 100% sure what the issue is here.

Frogfoot 200/200, CPT.

So this is seriously getting out of hand now. My neighbor who has SADV (for both physical infrastructure and the actual account) is also getting poor international speeds. This makes me think that this isn't just a Cool Ideas issue, but perhaps further up like on a Seacom end?

@PBCool Seriously bro, you have always been fantastic with providing us with assistance and updates on what is going on but from what I have seen you not really making things clear? I always stand up for you guys with friends and colleagues, and even in forums where people try jump the boat, but if my own ISP is not even willing to acknowledge the fault on their website that clearly a large number of its customers are experiencing, it makes me rethink my loyalty.

If this isn't a Cool Ideas issue (which I strongly believe is the case), then at least tell us who we need to throw our weight/complaints/toys at and stop us from thinking that CISP is to blame and doesn't care?

cytracon

Here back to normal as well, but I'm going to cancel anyway. The support from CISP is just not existing. It can't be that the users have to try to find a solution around this mess. For several days no feedback just doesn't work for me. I expect more for 1500 R a month ....

KantSnyer

Seems whatever was broken is now fixed, must say the support over the past couple days has left a lot to be desired.

1.png
2.png

No feedback since then...

blunt

Expert Member
I still have a ticket open from 15 May without any response at all. Forum support been lacking lately.. either they've given up and this is how it's gonna be, or they are working on big improvements ... hopefully I'm not being naive in thinking it could be the latter, still unacceptable that a ticket can remain open for 4 days so maybe its the former

Last edited:

KinsZA

Expert Member
Here back to normal as well, but I'm going to cancel anyway. The support from CISP is just not existing. It can't be that the users have to try to find a solution around this mess. For several days no feedback just doesn't work for me. I expect more for 1500 R a month ....
Same, all it would've taken cool ideas is the generic problem acknowledgment response to be enough but choosing to say nothing was really bad