Cool Ideas Fibre ISP – Feedback Thread 2

STORMERSFAN

@PBCool i cancelled the service with telisha on the 23rd July which she confirmed via email that they would do(spoke to Brett as well) as long as I still pay u guys for Aug which I was cool with. She said line will be released on 31st july at midnight and new isp could take line over on 1st Aug.. It is now the 1st and I'm still connected to cisp.. Is this normal or what's going on?she also confirmed that she arranged for the router to be collected today.. Thx in advance

PBCool

Cool Ideas
Company Rep
@PBCool i cancelled the service with telisha on the 23rd July which she confirmed via email that they would do(spoke to Brett as well) as long as I still pay u guys for Aug which I was cool with. She said line will be released on 31st july at midnight and new isp could take line over on 1st Aug.. It is now the 1st and I'm still connected to cisp.. Is this normal or what's going on?she also confirmed that she arranged for the router to be collected today.. Thx in advance
Which FNO?

PBCool

Cool Ideas
Company Rep
Vuma aerial.. I've also brought the modem to work as per her request.. I've just spoken to Afrihost and they confirmed line has not been released? Pls assist
This is a portal issue then, do you have a ticket number for me?

Vernon

Expert Member
Same here.
Latest invoice for August all paid up. They didn't bother to collect their router though as scheduled for yesterday. That's not my issue. It's between them and their courier.

@PBCool
Kindly check this for me: #COOL-20190723-281523

If you could kindly see to it that the line is released, as was confirmed.

Praeses

Expert Member
@PBCool will you please push through my line speed upgrade (#COOL-20190726-282880) if you have time somewhere during the day for me to enjoy tonight after work? :)

Fjorko

Expert Member
Same here.
Latest invoice for August all paid up. They didn't bother to collect their router though as scheduled for yesterday. That's not my issue. It's between them and their courier.

@PBCool
Kindly check this for me: #COOL-20190723-281523

If you could kindly see to it that the line is released, as was confirmed.
I also requested release on the 22nd for end of the month. Even though Telisha said she requested OS to lift the original request, and bring it forward to the end of July, PBcool said this can only be done manually via the Openserve SDM, so - nothing came of that, and therefore the net effect is that i'm now having to wait till the end of August.

Sux a bit, but luckily I've had very few issues with CISP's network, its been great overall, so I can wait another month i guess.

Last edited:

Vernon

Expert Member
I also requested release on the 22nd for end of the month. Even though Telisha said she requested OS to lift the original request, and bring it forward to the end of July, PBcool said this can only be done manually via the Openserve SDM, so - nothing came of that, and therefore the net effect is that i'm now having to wait till the end of August.
Difference is mine went beyond just a request, it was confirmed in that ticket I had opened.

It's early doors though so I'm guessing it's just a temporary "admin" thing. Should be done soon enough.

If it stays this way though I may start to get some flashbacks of my prior experience with Telkom. "We don't want you to leave! :crying: " :p

The_Traveller

Expert Member
Dont think they released anybody's line as requested
I sent the ISPA an email , which they replied and said this is logged as an informal complaint, the ISP has 5 days to respond and resolve this matter, and after 5 days not resolved, it will become a formal complaint.

Let’s see how this goes ...

DeatheCore

Anyone who is changing ISPs via Openserve needs to take a chill pill. You are in for a long ride with a high probability of a cockup.
Yeah, and what really needs to happen is FNOs need to be held more accountable, faster turnaround times/SLAs, as ISPs are taking unnecessary flak on their behalf.