Cool Ideas Fibre ISP – Feedback Thread 2

Rudi_C

My internet has been off since last night and I logged a ticket this morning. I have urgent work to do and I hope this isn't going to take days as it unusually does to get resolved. Days of being kept in the dark, hours on the phone to try and get an answer for anyone about progress. When I have to deal with Cool Ideas support staff it makes me worried, because their after sales support is slow and there is always promises of call back, which never happens.

PLEASE COOL IDEAS, DON'T LEAVE ME IN THE DARK AND WITHOUT INTERNET FOR DAYS AGAIN

#COOL-20190803-288395)
I just received information from a friend with that the line is suspended. I really hope thos isn't a billing issue from Cool Ideas as I'm on debit order. This is somilar to my last issue. That time I was also off for days and Cool Ideas just denied that the issue was their side. @PBCool please tell me it's not the same again. I can't carry on with this useless service and need an ISP that knows what they're doing, I work online and don't get paid if I don't do the work. It's a huge problem for me.

Mierzen

I just received information from a friend with that the line is suspended. I really hope thos isn't a billing issue from Cool Ideas as I'm on debit order. This is somilar to my last issue. That time I was also off for days and Cool Ideas just denied that the issue was their side. @PBCool please tell me it's not the same again. I can't carry on with this useless service and need an ISP that knows what they're doing, I work online and don't get paid if I don't do the work. It's a huge problem for me.
It seems the same happened with me.
Came home yesterday, finding my fibre offline. Openserve ONT LAN1 port seemingly disabled, with the PON light still on.
Logged ticket COOL-20190802-288192 at 16:00, no response yet.

A while ago, similar happened after I recommended my mother use CISP. One week after she signed up, her ONT was disabled for some unexplained reason and it took almost three weeks to be resolved.

I'm wondering if I should consider changing ISP...

ChilliPepper

How can I assist?
I am paying for 50/5 access. I battling to get 10 down. Currently not getting 5. I logged an issue on Wednesday. Nobody has contacted me regarding that query as yet. I then called on Thursday and Friday. I submitted the Speedtests as requested. Thus far my issue is not fixed and all my interactions with you're call centre has been extremely unsatisfactory to put it as politely as I possibly can. I am experiencing flashbacks to Telkom. That is not a compliment.

I can send account details if you are able to assist.

Rudi_C

If it is an urgent issue I would suggest you call support this am with your ref. Let me know if you have any issues in doing so.
Thanks @PBCool I phoned your support dept and spoke to Katlego. She was a great help and proceeded to resolve my problem in record time. She has in a way restored some of my faith in the support department, I'm nowhere near 100% happy, but I feel since my last dealing with the support dept, things have improved. I hope it gets better and better and that the same problem doesn't pop up again.

Thanks @PBCool and Katlego, much appreciated.

PBCool

Cool Ideas
Company Rep
If you were suspended you would have been notified about it.

PBCool

Cool Ideas
Company Rep
Thanks @PBCool I phoned your support dept and spoke to Katlego. She was a great help and proceeded to resolve my problem in record time. She has in a way restored some of my faith in the support department, I'm nowhere near 100% happy, but I feel since my last dealing with the support dept, things have improved. I hope it gets better and better and that the same problem doesn't pop up again.

Thanks @PBCool and Katlego, much appreciated.
Great stuff, thanks for the feedback.

PBCool

Cool Ideas
Company Rep
I am paying for 50/5 access. I battling to get 10 down. Currently not getting 5. I logged an issue on Wednesday. Nobody has contacted me regarding that query as yet. I then called on Thursday and Friday. I submitted the Speedtests as requested. Thus far my issue is not fixed and all my interactions with you're call centre has been extremely unsatisfactory to put it as politely as I possibly can. I am experiencing flashbacks to Telkom. That is not a compliment.

I can send account details if you are able to assist.
I am here for escalations so you are welcome to :)

PBCool

Cool Ideas
Company Rep
It seems the same happened with me.
Came home yesterday, finding my fibre offline. Openserve ONT LAN1 port seemingly disabled, with the PON light still on.
Logged ticket COOL-20190802-288192 at 16:00, no response yet.

A while ago, similar happened after I recommended my mother use CISP. One week after she signed up, her ONT was disabled for some unexplained reason and it took almost three weeks to be resolved.

I'm wondering if I should consider changing ISP...
It's not often OS lines go down but when they do to resolve with OS is challenging to say the least.

PBCool

Cool Ideas
Company Rep
Nope. Wasn't sure if 'stopped working' was go to tell. Since I have heard they keep the line alive even in the holding pool for a few days.
Usually once in the holding pool the service usually stops.

Praeses

Expert Member
@PBCool do you maybe know why my line hasn't been upgraded yet? I've paid my accounts and everything in the portal indicates that I'm on 50Mbps now, but I'm still only getting 20Mbps speeds? #COOL-20190726-282880

I've restarted my router and ONT.

PBCool

Cool Ideas
Company Rep
@PBCool do you maybe know why my line hasn't been upgraded yet? I've paid my accounts and everything in the portal indicates that I'm on 50Mbps now, but I'm still only getting 20Mbps speeds? #COOL-20190726-282880

I've restarted my router and ONT.
Which FNO?

SplaT

I don't know what changed, but I just want to comment how smooth Twitch has been lately.
I don't even need the proxy or the Twitch extension that forces multiple connections or anything.

It just works.