Cool Ideas Fibre ISP – Feedback Thread 2

richjdavies

Not sure if right place, but what has happened to cool ideas support these last couple of years... It's turned into a bureaucratic nightmare

"Please note you will need to complete the online application and select the "transferring of services" option , our connect department will then be in contact with you , please note as well that you will need to send a cancellation request for the old address to be cancelled to accounts@cisp.co.za , only once our connect department has received your transfer of services application "

Are you taking the wee-wee! Every support query is like this now... Contact someone else, fill in a form, phone a different number... When I first signed up with CISP it was a different story, I asked, it all just happened. Now I'm being treated to the sausage machine style of customer service.

Cool ideas = more like home affairs every day!!

Last edited:

jasweb

Games are typically UDP, which cannot be accelerated really, or improved. Latency will be latency.

This affects all International TCP connections for now.
WOW - Never got more than 8 to 10 Mbps to London... This Accelerator is #PureWin! Thanx @TheRoDent (Metrofibre 50/50Mbps in Centurion)

PBCool

Cool Ideas
Company Rep
Not sure if right place, but what has happened to cool ideas support these last couple of years... It's turned into a bureaucratic nightmare

"Please note you will need to complete the online application and select the "transferring of services" option , our connect department will then be in contact with you , please note as well that you will need to send a cancellation request for the old address to be cancelled to accounts@cisp.co.za , only once our connect department has received your transfer of services application "

Are you taking the wee-wee! Every support query is like this now... Contact someone else, fill in a form, phone a different number... When I first signed up with CISP it was a different story, I asked, it all just happened. Now I'm being treated to the sausage machine style of customer service.

Cool ideas = more like home affairs every day!!
Hi, can you elaborate what you would like to do? Are you moving location?

richjdavies

Yup moving house.
No direction from your support people about where these forms are... and why would I have to email AFTER telling you I'm moving so that I can 'cancel' the old one?

(previous experience has been dealing with a bounced Debit Order, and trying to downgrade package - in short every support answer is along the lines of "sort it our yourself... not my problem")

PBCool

Cool Ideas
Company Rep
Yup moving house.
No direction from your support people about where these forms are... and why would I have to email AFTER telling you I'm moving so that I can 'cancel' the old one?

(previous experience has been dealing with a bounced Debit Order, and trying to downgrade package - in short every support answer is along the lines of "sort it our yourself... not my problem")
Do you have a ref for me to follow up on?

User52

Hi PBCool, could I please get some assistance with our fibre line? It’s been working flawlessly since they installed it, but this morning the ONT has a flashing red light (LOS). It’s only been cut about 30 minutes ago.

bullzeye.za

Expert Member
We are trialling the accelerator across all JHB customers since this afternoon. Let me know if you notice any changes.
I think since yesterday I've been having issues with rsync pushing from overseas down to my home. It runs great (couple MB/s) for about 5 seconds and then I get a "Connection reset by peer" issue.

PBCool

Cool Ideas
Company Rep
I think since yesterday I've been having issues with rsync pushing from overseas down to my home. It runs great (couple MB/s) for about 5 seconds and then I get a "Connection reset by peer" issue.
Can you give some more detail? Area FNO etc?

dillydog

My local speeds and international speeds are looking impressive at the moment.

I appreciate the good work you guys are doing and am recommending to all of the other tenants to sign with CISP and not any of the other providers. Even though you are not the cheapest, the fact that you make an effort to engage with your clients is great and I am happy to pay the premium for that.

Thanks @PBCool and team

titeroper

RE the TCP optimizer - must one use the CI dns servers, or can we still choose to direct to googles dns servers (with the optimization intact)? thanks in advance.

Last edited:

User52

Follow up with a phone call if it's urgent.
Contacted CISP yesterday, who organized with Link Africa. They sent a technician and got it sorted.
CISP Support was super helpful, and same for Link Africa. They worked on it on Friday and today.
Really surprised as it was a public holiday and weekend!
Turned out to be a fibre break near our area, which was fixed in an hour or so.

underdose

i.imgur.com goes through Sao Paulo and New York to reach London.
Durban, Vumatel trenched if it matters.

i.imgur.com.png