Cool Ideas Fibre ISP – Feedback Thread 2

jasweb

See if you are on cool ideas change your pc's IP to 192.168.1.200 and subnet to 255.255.255.0 example and see if you can connect to 192.168.1.1 and provide feedback.
@cvs had the same issue on Metrofibre... In Centurion

Seems a VLAN was mis-configured on Metrofibre side.

@TheRoDent should be able to figure it out with them..

It was also (maybe) and ONT misconfiguration..

But defenitely not a security issue on CISP side..

J

PearlJam

Expert Member
I barely get 8mb to London on a 20mb line. Has there been an issue in Roodepoort the last couple of days?

PBCool

Cool Ideas
Company Rep
I barely get 8mb to London on a 20mb line. Has there been an issue in Roodepoort the last couple of days?
If it's not on the announcements page then nothing we are aware of, please log as normal.

Leno

Whats worrying is that even if the VLAN's are configured wrong, you should only be able to see their router, and not their whole network, sounds like their router is in bridge mode, or they have plugged the CPE directly into their network?

If you are picking up their DHCP broadcast from the inside of your network, then your router is also in bridge mode!
Others can probably see your network

Did their router at least have a password, Im hoping you got the username from a status page or something lol

PearlJam

Expert Member
Haha, the CI support....

I ask if they can check why after having flawless internet for 2 years would there be an issue for a couple of days now on international....their reply:

"Please be advised that we unfortunately do not guarantee international speeds due to us not having a control over which path your connection takes when leaving South African borders. "

Not even trying to check if there might be an issue, just a standard reply on a question I did not ask. This is probably why CI is down in customer satisfaction ratings. The one good thing is that I don't need support generally, but when I do I expect better than this!

PBCool

Cool Ideas
Company Rep
Haha, the CI support....

I ask if they can check why after having flawless internet for 2 years would there be an issue for a couple of days now on international....their reply:

"Please be advised that we unfortunately do not guarantee international speeds due to us not having a control over which path your connection takes when leaving South African borders. "

Not even trying to check if there might be an issue, just a standard reply on a question I did not ask. This is probably why CI is down in customer satisfaction ratings. The one good thing is that I don't need support generally, but when I do I expect better than this!
Do you have a reference number for me, this is not a response our guys are trained to send out.

richjdavies

Yikes poor @PBCool... Too much to deal with as it is, now half this thread is people complaining about terrible service.

I'm back again. It's not worth the effort staying with CISP... Severn different messages back and forth. I know OS is a pain, but it's the poor communication by your support guys telling me to fill in forms again and again... Asking me a for a B number when I don't live in a place yet, telling me I didn't send a picture of a CPE (when I did they just didn't look at the first of 4 photos!)

Anyone think WebAfrica would be a mistake?

Rianvl

Yikes poor @PBCool... Too much to deal with as it is, now half this thread is people complaining about terrible service.

I'm back again. It's not worth the effort staying with CISP... Severn different messages back and forth. I know OS is a pain, but it's the poor communication by your support guys telling me to fill in forms again and again... Asking me a for a B number when I don't live in a place yet, telling me I didn't send a picture of a CPE (when I did they just didn't look at the first of 4 photos!)

Anyone else than CISP is a mistake I would say

richjdavies

Anyone else than CISP is a mistake I would say
I used to think that! First house on Vuma they were frikken excellent. Filled in forms and it just happened, guy even came.back twice on the day we moved in waiting for Vuma...
Moved 23 months later... Less than great, possible down to OS, they just didn't do anything had to chase and chase. Didn't send me PPOE like others have raised just a few days ago.

This time, taken me hours of back and forth with agents just now saying I must start again...

It's easy to cancel than it is to transfer. Think I'm done!
COOL-20190808-291004

under_sky

Expert Member

Try websquad if anything their forum rep seems to be rather good a d very transparent.

I'm happy with cool ideas and never have issues though.