Cool Ideas Fibre ISP – Feedback Thread 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Greglsh

@PBCool I randomly am getting small disconnects on my 50/5 vumatel trenched in Durban, it has been doing this for about a month now. The problem is sometimes the disconnect is long enough that I get kicked out of Netflix or DSTV or PS4 gaming. It takes about 30 to 60 seconds then all is good again. What do I need to do with regards to testing as I said it is very intermittent so might be a bit difficult to show? All the devices I spoke about are cabled into the switch so no wifi at all.

PBCool

Cool Ideas
Company Rep
@PBCool I'm getting random disconnects from world of Warcraft EU servers. Happens a few times a day, everything else online is fine, I just drop and reconnect from the wow servers. Vuma Trenched Durban
Well it seems there are a few disconnects coming from Vumatel trenched as above, I will look into it and advise.

Fjorko

Expert Member
@PBCool - please can you get hold of your Openserve CDM and find out why my line is not released yet. It's the 3rd of September already.

Please - this is ridiculous !

My release order number with them is 230759452A. I got this number from your support staff.

Thanks

PBCool

Cool Ideas
Company Rep
Hi All,

I'm having endless issues with Cool Ideas!!! I just moved to a new unit in the same complex and i was told all i needed to do was a line transfer to the new unit and the line will be deactivated at the old unit and activated at the new one. Now i am told a cancellation needs to be done and a new account created as they cannot simply transfer a line, on top of this i'm now going to be doubled invoiced for the line at the old unit and now the new unit because cancellation is one month notice yet im not cancelling just moving the line... this just does not make sense to me. There is a public ONT at each block in the complex and an RJ45 in each apartment for the router. There is no installation required just a line activation so i can't understand why this is not a quick streamlined process. The support department is pathetic, will never respond to tickets or queries and if there is a response it is basically a copy paste automated response. Can't wait to be done with uncool ideas and move to a different ISP.

#RantOver
Which FNO is this?

TheRoDent

Cool Ideas Rep
Oh wow, ask and you shall receive!! How will this work, do we need to contact your billing dept or can we do this on the website?
This will be available as a payment option on the link you receive with an invoice.

Sodan

Expert Member
No internet since Thursday evening last week, and no response from Cool Ideas since logging the ticket nearly 48 hours ago. Service in South Africa. :cautious:

#COOL-20190901-301199

PBCool

Cool Ideas
Company Rep
@PBCool - please can you get hold of your Openserve CDM and find out why my line is not released yet. It's the 3rd of September already.

Please - this is ridiculous !

My release order number with them is 230759452A. I got this number from your support staff.

Thanks
Apparently there is a backlog at Openserve so orders aren't being processed in a timely manner, we are escalating this to our SDM for you.

PBCool

Cool Ideas
Company Rep
No internet since Thursday evening last week, and no response from Cool Ideas since logging the ticket nearly 48 hours ago. Service in South Africa. :cautious:

#COOL-20190901-301199
Have you tried calling it in? If there is any kind of FNO outage this can create a backlog.

Sodan

Expert Member
Have you tried calling it in? If there is any kind of FNO outage this can create a backlog.

Calling it in to... Cool Ideas? I thought that's what I did by logging the ticket with CI, since my contract is with, you know, CI. I'm not sure I follow you.

Praeses

Expert Member
Calling it in to... Cool Ideas? I thought that's what I did by logging the ticket with CI, since my contract is with, you know, CI. I'm not sure I follow you.
I think he means calling CISP customer service instead of waiting for the ticket to be responded to.

PBCool

Cool Ideas
Company Rep
Yes if it's urgent the phone the fault in.

S.Claus

Expert Member
@PBCool -
#COOL-20190831-300740

CPE-1m CAT6 LAN-PC
8558383241.png

StrontiumDog

Honorary Master
@PBCool How quick and easy is it to bump my package/line speed up to 20mbps from 10mbps? Should I email the support team or is this something that can be done via the portal? Would I just be charged the pro rata amount for the remainder of the month? e.g.
(R499 / 30 days * 5 days + R649 / 30 days * 25 days)
- R499 (already paid)
= R125 (to be paid)

How much notice is required to downgrade back to 10mbps if I so choose later on?

Status
Not open for further replies.