Cool Ideas Fibre ISP – Feedback Thread 2

Johan R

I'm not sure what the cause of the problem is but I also switched to Google DNS and it's working perfectly.

WickedMONK3Y

CISP page is either throwing out errors that it cant connect, or tossing out a few wordpress errors :p

John Tempus

Expert Member
Well there goes international again with the same up/down but mostly down cycle since few minutes ago.

Sigh

xefor

I am able to connect via 8.8.8.8 but not 1.1.1.1 (seems slow)? Local only.

TwinDucT

It's going to be intermittent until they can mitigate the attack. Seems to be past just a DDoS to the network but their actual web servers.

Praemon

Expert Member
Tried google dns 8.8.8.8 on my router, doesnt work at all
Yeah. Google's DNS doesn't work for me either. Cloudfare's 1.1.1.1 at least attempts a connection and then fails. On Google's DNS the connection doesn't even start.

John Tempus

Expert Member
It's going to be intermittent until they can mitigate the attack. Seems to be past just a DDoS to the network but their actual web servers.
That makes no sense at all.

I am still able to VPN out now at least and no issues if it was a DDOS that destroyed their international capacity then me connecting over international VPN would not be possible.

I don't know what the issue is exactly but it seems highly unlikely its a DDOS issue thats killing off international access yet with international VPN there is no issue.