Cool Ideas Fibre ISP – Feedback Thread 2

xefor

That makes no sense at all.

I am still able to VPN out now at least and no issues if it was a DDOS that destroyed their international capacity then me connecting over international VPN would not be possible.

I don't know what the issue is exactly but it seems highly unlikely its a DDOS issue thats killing off international access yet with international VPN there is no issue.
We don't quite know exactly which parts are getting attacked and exactly what is going on, it may be something else failing in addition to the ddos issue.

chrisGolf

no ETA:

Major Outage - DDoS - Cool Ideas
  1. Portal Home
  2. Announcements
  3. Major Outage - DDoS - Cool Ideas
ALL THE LATEST FROM COOL IDEAS
We are currently experiencing a distributed denial of service attack that is affecting all customers on our network.

Customers will experience intermittent connectivity loss and degraded performance during this time.

Our engineers are currently working to mitigate the attack and hope to restore full connectivity soon. Unfortunately we do not have an exact time to resolution at the moment.

We apologise for any inconvenience caused.

john_deckard

That makes no sense at all.

I am still able to VPN out now at least and no issues if it was a DDOS that destroyed their international capacity then me connecting over international VPN would not be possible.

I don't know what the issue is exactly but it seems highly unlikely its a DDOS issue thats killing off international access yet with international VPN there is no issue.
I can't connect on CiscoVPN - well I can, then it connects for 30 seconds then disconnects and retries, then connects and then disconnects: rinse and repeat.

mike.399

Ahh the classic ddos excuse. Suppose this is what caused the issues last night and the week before as well?

John Tempus

Expert Member
We don't quite know exactly which parts are getting attacked and exactly what is going on, it may be something else failing in addition to the ddos issue.
Thats kind of what im hinting at.

Ive tried european and US north VPN entry points and traffic to any of these are just fine.

But without VPN international is dead as doorknob which sounds to me like routing issues internally rather than full blown international couriers being DDOSd but this is just from what I notice myself.

John Tempus

Expert Member
I can't connect on CiscoVPN - well I can, then it connects for 30 seconds then disconnects and retries, then connects and then disconnects: rinse and repeat.
Right cause its a generic known service port you are using.

I am using a unique unpopular UDP port for my VPN connections so if your cisco port isn't working that raises even more questions if known service ports have not been blocked during some network issue.

I dunno, at this point I don't really care at least I have this VPN saving me for now.

John Tempus

Expert Member
Without VPN to coreix london speedtest I am unable to even run the results just a red failure popup.

With VPN connection to the london VPN peer , I get no hassle near perfect results.

I did this test just so that I could verify SA->London (nakid) vs SA->London (VPN) relative to the same route taken.

This must be the most bizarre DDOS I have ever heard of.

TwinDucT

Without VPN to coreix london speedtest I am unable to even run the results just a red failure popup.

With VPN connection to the london VPN peer , I get no hassle near perfect results.

I did this test just so that I could verify SA->London (nakid) vs SA->London (VPN) relative to the same route taken.

Which VPN service are you using?

mike.399

Highly doubt its a DDOS, and if there even was one, it is a minor part of a major routing problem that is beyond the CI engineer's capability.

S.Claus

i can think of a lot of peeps lol that is psssed of with cisp
Its childish and Im sure a 5 year old could manage to launch a DDOS attack .Why not rather complain about what's wrong so they could fix it or get the right people to fix it ?

PBCool

Cool Ideas
Company Rep
Should be mitigated for the most part, anyone still having issues?