Cool Ideas Fibre ISP – Feedback Thread 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

midasza

It's also a great pity that Vumatel doesn't proactively monitor their network and pickup issues like this.
Sure - it's not like multiple people complained, posted mtr's and speedtests. It genuinely took you guys 3 hours of multiple people posting -hey its a problem, hey we have a problem before you took us seriously - and both reps were dismissive of the problems, out traces are fine, our speeds are fine you said repeatedly. I mean at least give us the credit when we say here we have a problem and we have evidence, take it as hey lets actually check it out. And please note I logged a call on your system first - I did not come onto the forum to bitch.

marjo

Very weird, we should pick them up via IS.
I don't actively monitor my smokeping. Sal it started pinging 300ms till now from just after 1st August. It also just happened to be my first public IP I memorised.

GotToLuveIT

Why must I calm down when I am being told - everything's cool -- everything is not cool. The problem consistent happens between
uzi-cust.coolideas.co.za 20.4% 235 168.5 168.2 166.5 173.5 0.6
uze-cust.coolideas.co.za

This is not client side, or vumatel side this is Cool Idea's breakout to international. Packet loss up to that point is negligible. For those who are interested here is a mtr to the same server in London on a MFN home 100/100 line - notice the ZERO packet loss.

So it is confirmed you were wrong and you call others names when you don't get your way?
Seriously, get the chip off your shoulder and work with the person taking his personal time trying to help you.
Shouting and ranting just gets you ignored.

midasza

So it is confirmed you were wrong and you call others names when you don't get your way?
Seriously, get the chip off your shoulder and work with the person taking his personal time trying to help you.
Shouting and ranting just gets you ignored.
If their support desk had done their job the person wouldn't have needed to take their "personal" time to help me. Also there was a problem - I was right not wrong, possibly the location of the problem was wrong but I was guessing based on DNS names.
Was it on my network - No
Could I fix it - No
Did shouting get someone to FINALLY agree there was a problem - Yes
Did their investigation take less than 15minutes - Yes
Did it lead to the problem being resolved - Yes
Why did I have a chip on my shoulder - Because myself and a number of other people said
a. Its not a 5 min blip out internet speeds are bjorked.
b. Were then told everything is fine.
c. Did tests, posted multiple pieces of information (myself and others).
d. Once again were told no no everything is fine there are no issues.
e. Reinterated hey its not fine here's more evidence.
f. Got angry
g. Threw toys
h. THREE HOURS LATER someone actually looks at the evidence and goes duhhhh we seem to have a problem ok we gonna log it.
i. At least 3 hours (could be more I slept at midnight) later problem is resolved - now if they hadn't spent so much time saying its fine its cool its working, had looked at the call I logged at 6:30 with a traceroute on it, some people may have been able to game last night from say 10pm.
j. How can I work with someone who ignores the evidence presented and says everything is good? Treat me like a fool and I am going to get a massive chip on my shoulder.

TwinDucT

Still seem to not crack above 10mb on international (via speedtest).
Would this still be lingering effect from the DDoS?

Th3Moogle

Finally had a good night of gaming with no major packet loss spikes and no slow internet.

Thanks for the hard work guys, keep it up :)

WickedP3NGU1N

Thanks for the feedback we are awaiting for a response from Vumatel.

@PBCool please let us know when you have some feedback? I have the GF at home checking an MTR and wathcing the speeds and so far no changes to performance so would be great to know when you have some feedback so that we know how long it will take them to resolve their issue :) Thanks for the efforts, much appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.