Cool Ideas Fibre ISP – Feedback Thread 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jordan_Za

@PBCool I know there was some issue in the beginning of the year where Vumatel "re-provisioned" my line, but deleted everything right down to the ONT peering. I just wanted to check why I'm getting 20mbps tonight, but when I went to the Vuma portal to run a test, I get this;

Attachments

• Screenshot 2019-09-29 at 22.38.40.png
    Screenshot 2019-09-29 at 22.38.40.png
    73.5 KB · Views: 45

PBCool

Cool Ideas
Company Rep
@PBCool I know there was some issue in the beginning of the year where Vumatel "re-provisioned" my line, but deleted everything right down to the ONT peering. I just wanted to check why I'm getting 20mbps tonight, but when I went to the Vuma portal to run a test, I get this;
No idea to be honest, PM me your account details (Object number if you have and will check)

TheRoDent

Cool Ideas Rep
Hey @PBCool,
Any feedback from VC on this?
Your router should have a PPPoE "scan" option, and possibly show more than one PPPoE server on the Vodacom network. This is also called an "AC" or "Access Concentrator". If you sticky your PPPoE session to one of the Access Concentrators, by entering it's name on the PPPoE configuration page you should be able to use a fixed MTU without having to change all the time, hopefully.

At least until we can get VC to normalize this accross all their Access Concentrators. Shout if you need help and I'll get Wynand to contact you.

DJZassie

Heyo @TheRoDent

Any news on the Twitch Server in London coming back up since the DDoS attacks?
Before then watching twitch was a breeze. At the moment the only way i get non buffered streams is at 480p :(

HinterHunter

Your router should have a PPPoE "scan" option, and possibly show more than one PPPoE server on the Vodacom network. This is also called an "AC" or "Access Concentrator". If you sticky your PPPoE session to one of the Access Concentrators, by entering it's name on the PPPoE configuration page you should be able to use a fixed MTU without having to change all the time, hopefully.

At least until we can get VC to normalize this accross all their Access Concentrators. Shout if you need help and I'll get Wynand to contact you.
Thanks @TheRoDent,
I should be able to try it out tonight. I'll get back to you.

TheRoDent

Cool Ideas Rep
Heyo @TheRoDent

Any news on the Twitch Server in London coming back up since the DDoS attacks?
Before then watching twitch was a breeze. At the moment the only way i get non buffered streams is at 480p :(
We still have some assymetric routing going on at the moment, which breaks the GoogleBBR transparent relay unfortunately. Are you in Cape Town ?

DJZassie

We still have some assymetric routing going on at the moment, which breaks the GoogleBBR transparent relay unfortunately. Are you in Cape Town ?
Ahhhh, Thats unfortunate.

Yup, Cape Town, Vumatel northern suburbs

TheRoDent

Cool Ideas Rep

We will hopefully deploy the generic accelerator in CPT this week, or next, if we get the right interfaces for the new Joburg unit. That should help a lot.

In the meantime, trcprox01.cisp.co.za:3128 should help ? I know, not easy to configure on all devices....

Praeses

Expert Member
We will hopefully deploy the generic accelerator in CPT this week, or next, if we get the right interfaces for the new Joburg unit. That should help a lot.

In the meantime, trcprox01.cisp.co.za:3128 should help ? I know, not easy to configure on all devices....
Which ports will this proxy allow to pass through? E.g. can one play games through it? Or is it HTTP(S) only?

DeatheCore

I have the same crappy performance to Twitch on Vumatel Northern Suburbs (Panorama). There has to be something wrong with their network. At least 3 of us on this forum with the same issues and Vumatel just won't even try troubleshoot the loss - what a great company :rolleyes: I was actually excited for them to install in our area instead of OpenServe, boy was I wrong.

HinterHunter

@PBCool @TheRoDent . So I managed to get an AC name via PPPoE Monitor.
Put the AC name into "server name" and now all seems good. I can restart the router and everything works 100%.
This would be great addition to the knowledgebase. There's bound to be a lot of clients with VC having the same issue.
Will keep on monitoring it but so far, so good. Thanks for the help guys , really appreciate it.

acname.png

Status
Not open for further replies.