Cool Ideas Fibre ISP – Feedback Thread 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheRoDent

Cool Ideas Rep
Company Rep
@PBCool @TheRoDent . So I managed to get an AC name via PPPoE Monitor.
Put the AC name into "server name" and now all seems good. I can restart the router and everything works 100%.
This would be great addition to the knowledgebase. There's bound to be a lot of clients with VC having the same issue.
Will keep on monitoring it but so far, so good. Thanks for the help guys , really appreciate it.

View attachment 719114
Cool, would you mind sending me the names of the two AC's that you are connecting to, and which one works with which MTU ? Will help me to prod Vodacom as well.

Only downside to this, is if Vodacom does do maintenance on one of their BRAS's you will have to "unsticky" your connection to connect to the other AC.

Last edited:

Phinix

I haven't been with you guys for two months now, and last month I got an invoice and you handled it for me.
I just got another one, can you please sort it out? Invoice #663983

Mohil

Mr @PBCool and Mr @TheRoDent , I hope you can help me out. I switched my Vumatel fibre account over to CISP as off 1st October 2019. For some reason, the staff are having an issue activating my account. Would you be able to assist in getting me connected?

PBCool

Cool Ideas
Company Rep
I haven't been with you guys for two months now, and last month I got an invoice and you handled it for me.
I just got another one, can you please sort it out? Invoice #663983
Sure will have a look.

PBCool

Cool Ideas
Company Rep
Mr @PBCool and Mr @TheRoDent , I hope you can help me out. I switched my Vumatel fibre account over to CISP as off 1st October 2019. For some reason, the staff are having an issue activating my account. Would you be able to assist in getting me connected?
Sure PM me your account details.

maumau

Honorary Master
Couldn't even load email yesterday evening so did a test.

Noob question:

Why does this show MTN? CI 100/10 on Vumatel trenched - Fairland

Naaimasjien

Couldn't even load email yesterday evening so did a test.

Noob question:

Why does this show MTN? CI 100/10 on Vumatel trenched - Fairland

View attachment 719610
Not 100% sure, but I believe speedtest.net chooses the speedtest server with the lowest latency - In this case it was MTN's. There should be a Change Server option where you can type in Cool Ideas or any other speedtest servers' name that you prefer.

maumau

Honorary Master
Not 100% sure, but I believe speedtest.net chooses the speedtest server with the lowest latency - In this case it was MTN's. There should be a Change Server option where you can type in Cool Ideas or any other speedtest servers' name that you prefer.
Tks, so Speedtest thought MTN had the lowest latency - with a download speed of 18.85? This is on 100/10 contract.

God help us.

cavedog

Honorary Master
@furpile

I have bad news for you. Frogfoot has pulled out of deploying in Meerensee probably because of Vodacom that beat them to it. They are in a select few complexes now in Meerensee only. Frogfoot has gone live in quite a few areas in Richards Bay with Vodacom fibre also now rolling out in the whole of Richards Bay. So people in Richards Bay would have a choice of fibre cable provider. Frogfoot or Vodacom fibre.

PBCool

Cool Ideas
Company Rep
@furpile

I have bad news for you. Frogfoot has pulled out of deploying in Meerensee probably because of Vodacom that beat them to it. They are in a select few complexes now in Meerensee only. Frogfoot has gone live in quite a few areas in Richards Bay with Vodacom fibre also now rolling out in the whole of Richards Bay. So people in Richards Bay would have a choice of fibre cable provider. Frogfoot or Vodacom fibre.
We're on VC as well.

cavedog

Honorary Master
We're on VC as well.
Yeah but I believe not in KZN yet. Richards Bay shows as Open access on your map and I suggested @furpile rather checkout CISP before signing up with Vodacom ISP. Vodacom did the installation and everything but account does not authenticate so Vodacom said they are not ready for whole sale access in KZN just yet.

Also I see you guys are not listed on https://www.frogfootfibre.com/frogfoot/myaccount/home/packages/packages.jsp for Richards Bay, KZN does this mean no service on Frogfoot with CISP in Richards Bay and if you do does traffic go to Durban or transit up to JHB? :)

Last edited:

Jason-ZA

Hey @PBCool have you had a chance to read my PM regarding the issue I'm having when querying my international DNS server?

It's not high priority, but would be awesome if you could please look at it whenever you have a moment :)

furpile

Expert Member
@furpile

Yeah I figured as much. Is this confirmed now? I know some friends in the other suburbs where Frogfoot already trenched or are busy, and VC is now advertising in those same areas. So they will have a choice at least.

But Meerensee will probably not get that option, since FF took too long to start. CISP is aware of my activation issues, apparently VC are working on the problem so hopefully they sort it out quick. Thanks for your updates as well cavedog.

cavedog

Honorary Master
Yeah I figured as much. Is this confirmed now? I know some friends in the other suburbs where Frogfoot already trenched or are busy, and VC is now advertising in those same areas. So they will have a choice at least.

But Meerensee will probably not get that option, since FF took too long to start. CISP is aware of my activation issues, apparently VC are working on the problem so hopefully they sort it out quick. Thanks for your updates as well cavedog.

Well the map updated today 1st of oct with complexes in meerensee going live and the planned red circle around meerensee is gone now. Nothing planned anymore for most of meerensee.

PBCool

Cool Ideas
Company Rep
Yeah but I believe not in KZN yet. Richards Bay shows as Open access on your map and I suggested @furpile rather checkout CISP before signing up with Vodacom ISP. Vodacom did the installation and everything but account does not authenticate so Vodacom said they are not ready for whole sale access in KZN just yet.

Also I see you guys are not listed on https://www.frogfootfibre.com/frogfoot/myaccount/home/packages/packages.jsp for Richards Bay, KZN does this mean no service on Frogfoot with CISP in Richards Bay and if you do does traffic go to Durban or transit up to JHB? :)
Could just be the NNI which we are still busy with re VC, FF KZN wouldn't be an issue. And yes all KZN traffic traverses JHB, aside from local peering.

Status
Not open for further replies.