Cool Ideas Fibre ISP – Feedback Thread 2

PBCool

Cool Ideas
Company Rep
EASSy is mostly seen as a backup cable :), to be frank about the market in KZN is that it doesn't seem to justify the commitment. Openserve has capacity for 200 installs per day, their average is 40.

ghostRgg

I'm seeing high 160's/low 170's to London from their Durban node, which is pretty good.

I usually get high 170's to low 180's to London but I used to get low 170's a few months ago before CISP changed something with their EU routing.
I would recommend what waylander said. It managed to drop my latency by quite a bit by doing so, as I was getting around 187 without and now get 175 and sometimes 170 to Paris.

Crypticwaat

Mine is fine packet loss and rubber banding yes, but apparently they looking into Vuma for that....

MDE

Expert Member
Any news @PBCool @TheRoDent

Crypticwaat

You and me both lol
My line has really gone downhill been dealing with support now whole week, rubberbanding so bad and packet loss to blizzard... support basically trying to figure out what is going on, they thinking it's where my connection gets handed off from Vuma to them... But I don't know played like 6 OW games this morning and experience was terrible...

DYreX146

This has probably been brought up before but why am I only getting between 4MB/s and 5.5MB/s download on the battle.net launcher when I get over 12MB/s on every other launcher with my 100Mbps line?

Is this a problem on their side? Because even their website is slow to open up.

Even when I had a 40Mbps line it wouldn't reach my full line speed but 4MB/s was closer to my actual line speed then, but now that I have 100Mbps it still stays around that speed so I guess there's not enough bandwidth on their side.

I think this has been mentioned before, but I was wondering if anyone knows the answer to this.

PBCool

Cool Ideas
Company Rep
My line has really gone downhill been dealing with support now whole week, rubberbanding so bad and packet loss to blizzard... support basically trying to figure out what is going on, they thinking it's where my connection gets handed off from Vuma to them... But I don't know played like 6 OW games this morning and experience was terrible...
Have you done any UDP iperf tests as yet out of interest? As all your traces and other tests using TCP are perfect. And using a VPN is TCP again.

ginggs

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Super Moderator
Does Blizzard's downloader still use BitTorrent?