Cool Ideas Fibre ISP – Feedback Thread 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

PBCool

Cool Ideas
Company Rep
SADV have confirmed the line was cancelled but don't know why as it's only supposed to be cancelled at month end, they also say they don't have weekend staff to reactivate, but we are doing what we can to get it reactivated for you.
And you should be back up....

CrypticZA

Yea since last night internet has been spiking in connection on Vuma, had constant disconnects on discord, ping spikes and a bit of buffering according to the elders, and it was after 10+ which is when my line is normally fine maybe they doing their upgrades or something

EDIT: Speedtest also slightly slower than normal getting 18 download instead of 21 and 1.5 upload instead of 2.5

Last edited:

BrendanMc

Expert Member
also seeing some spikes. My LoL client chat keeps dc'ing. Vuma trenched northern suburbs cape town

KalMaverick

Expert Member
SADV have confirmed the line was cancelled but don't know why as it's only supposed to be cancelled at month end, they also say they don't have weekend staff to reactivate, but we are doing what we can to get it reactivated for you.
Thank you PBCool.

Very annoying that SADV does something like that, it is working now.

I appreciate the assistance in getting this sorted.

PBCool

Cool Ideas
Company Rep
There is Teraco power maintenance yes, but none of our services are affected.

PBCool

Cool Ideas
Company Rep
Edge have confirmed one of their towers down which is affecting most of their network, nothing to do with Power at Teraco :)

PBCool

Cool Ideas
Company Rep
Vumatel say they added 40G to the Cape Town Northern Suburbs, can you guys specific suburbs themselves for me?

jannier

Expert Member
Vumatel say they added 40G to the Cape Town Northern Suburbs, can you guys specific suburbs themselves for me?
Hi Paul, I do not fully understand what you wrote here, do you want us to test something?

jannier

Expert Member
Well I seem to be fine.
Brackenfell, Eden Park PoP

CPT, Rain, Single,

LDN, Coreix, SIngle

LDN, Coreix, Multi

DeatheCore

Panorama, Northern Suburbs, Cape Town.

Haven't run any speedtests but my pingplots are looking much healthier overall (almost no loss per/10mins), lets see if it holds up during peak hours though!

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.