Cool Ideas Fibre ISP – Feedback Thread 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

ghostRgg

Its down again, shitpost scrub this.

Bunch of freckled SJW's showing up in this thread.

I think twitter is missing a bunch of you.
To be 100% fair...

Either way I wish Cool Ideas the best of luck dealing with this, at least we know there are people working on it rather than just holding hands and waiting for it to vanish. Guess I am condemmed to playing Outer Wilds or something now, the horror :(

SplaT

I'm really curious as to the purpose or motivation behind this attack. What is there to gain?

Sodan

Expert Member
Damn, I need to work on my master's assignment. But I also need a break. I'll go for a run while our poor network engineers battle against the DDoS attack.

ps: at first I was thoroughly p1ssed at that international connectivity is down, yet again. But yeah, I feel for CISP. And I trust they'll get sufficient protection and/or contingency plans in place for the next time this happens. While I do empathise with them, and I am willing to be patient with their troubles, I also would like the service I am paying for!

dillydog

So, the root cause was someone at the Curve units causing a loop on the network by plugging in the WAN into the LAN, apparently.

This has been resolved.
Thank you, Shouldnt they have spanning tree or something similar to mitigate loops?

milomak

Honorary Master
Is your contact details up to date on your CISP profile?
I received an SMS earlier about the outage.

EDIT: And they posted on their website, facebook and twitter if you follow that.
yep details up to date - email and cell number

not a thing

Status
Not open for further replies.