Cool Ideas Fibre ISP – Feedback Thread 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

r00igev@@r

Executive Member
Bro I dont understand that and I don't care if I'm honest. I just want an ISP that has a stable network that works, and that wont go down for several days at a time randomly.
Buy two separate accounts from two ISPs or even have two accounts from the same ISP. Then swap when there is an attack on the one. You not gonna find one who isn't gonna be attacked or successfully mitigate the attack all the time.
Only problem with the strategy is you need to double up on the costs.

CrypticZA

Expert Member
IS was hit hard yesterday and for 60+ days, rsawebs local infrastructure was fine. I'll anyway take leave from rsaweb, can't deal with record replaying support folk anymore, its eeh
We got a business account at work so we get business support, had 0 issues in like 5 years on the account except for the 2 DDoS attacks they experienced. We pay for 50/50 and always get at least 150/50 xD but yea not a fan of their normal services

Hunted

Yeah seems like things are back to normal.

Now about first world problems again. I hope something can be done about the issue that causes PUBG to route to South America now.

1. Timezone is an issue
2. Player base due to timezone causes long waiting lists and inability to choose specific maps you want to play.
3. Vpn to the UK sort of works, allowing you to be in the EU pool, but then that causes other issues.

neowonderboy

We got a business account at work so we get business support, had 0 issues in like 5 years on the account except for the 2 DDoS attacks they experienced. We pay for 50/50 and always get at least 150/50 xD but yea not a fan of their normal services

for realz? well paying for 100/100mb, you in cpt? ISnet been down more often than not and yes this is a rsaweb peer, am probably paying more than I should than your company at this point LOL

PS. taking the 150 as a mistake and just 50 :)

PPS. gonna crawl back in my whole for another 6 years, might have managed to organize a call with RSAweb's VP and CTO :) anyways those that want to pay just want it to go away /happy new years!

Last edited:

Hunted

We had intermitted downtime yesterday with RSAWEB in CPT during their DDOS attack.

TheTwo

Expert Member
Do you have a ticket number for me? Upgrades were possible from the day of the package pricing change on the 2nd. We don't automatically upgrade packages as you can imagine most people would be happy with the discounted rate for the same package vs being automatically upgraded.
Take a look at twitter today. Alot of people are saying the same thing. The replies from cisp are very often arrogant. I've experienced this as well. Let me guess.. Ticket number?

ZyborgRSA

Now about first world problems again. I hope something can be done about the issue that causes PUBG to route to South America now.

1. Timezone is an issue
2. Player base due to timezone causes long waiting lists and inability to choose specific maps you want to play.
3. Vpn to the UK sort of works, allowing you to be in the EU pool, but then that causes other issues.
Yea, kinda sucks for pubg. But apex at least lets you choose the hub if you want.

Bl1zz4rd

1. Timezone is an issue

Are you sure that's not just as a result of the game going for the server that has the lowest ping? Ever since the SACS and SAIL cables linked Fortaleza to Central Africa, latency may have been better that way sometimes, compared to EU. Apex frequently puts me in servers with Brazilians nowadays.

NAPAfrica

Whats the deal with napafrica, the other day I know the rep made some remark on monitoring timeframes which I believe is bs but anyway.

Look at these 2 seperate network spikes, at random timeframes which ironically falls flat off during brief traffic issue yesterday and now today the leading dropoff coincide with our current dilemma.

Is NAPAFRICA affected by CISP issues or is CISP solely responsible for these 2 traffic dropoffs ? WTF is going on here. o_0

Note: if this was just random dropoffs as the rep claimed then we would be seeing more of them across that basic chart and not coincidentally seeing these at the time of our own issues being reported here, so is this just coincidental or is it related to current issues.

As previously mentioned, those particular stats are snmp based, which is simply not reliable at scale.

gmathews

1. Timezone is an issue
Nope, still intermittent timeouts for me.

BadBoyGP

My whole entertainment depends on internet..
Therefore... I cannot watch... play... check anything.

Hunted

Are you sure that's not just as a result of the game going for the server that has the lowest ping? Ever since the SACS and SAIL cables linked Fortaleza to Central Africa, latency may have been better that way sometimes, compared to EU. Apex frequently puts me in servers with Brazilians nowadays.

Hi, yeah I know its due to the routing change and the fact that the PUBG matching system sees the ping is better to South America than the EU.

The problem is that you must play on what their system says you must play on. We cannot choose anymore in PUBG which region we want to play on.

So I'm hoping that CISP can do custom routings for the PUBG players to go to the EU route and not the SA route as default.

ghostRgg

Expert Member
I still don't get how some services are completely and utterly shrekt. Like local ones:

Code:
|------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
|                                      WinMTR statistics                                   |
|                       Host              -   %  | Sent | Recv | Best | Avrg | Wrst | Last |
|------------------------------------------------|------|------|------|------|------|------|
|        Destination network unreachable. -    4 |  126 |  122 |    0 |    0 |    5 |    0 |
|                   No response from host -  100 |   26 |    0 |    0 |    0 |    0 |    0 |
|        Destination network unreachable. -    2 |  123 |  121 |    2 |    5 |   21 |    4 |
|                              154.0.1.86 -    1 |  123 |  122 |    1 |    2 |   10 |    3 |
|        Destination network unreachable. -    2 |  123 |  121 |    1 |    2 |   10 |    2 |
|                              154.0.1.53 -    1 |  123 |  122 |    2 |    3 |   11 |    2 |
|        Destination network unreachable. -    2 |  123 |  121 |    2 |    3 |   10 |    2 |
|                             154.0.1.245 -    1 |  123 |  122 |    2 |   11 |   19 |    4 |
|        Destination network unreachable. -    2 |  123 |  121 |    2 |   11 |   18 |    2 |
|                   cloudflare.ixp.joburg -   66 |   35 |   12 |    0 |   59 |  116 |    2 |
|                         one.one.one.one -   66 |   35 |   12 |    0 |   67 |  114 |    2 |
|________________________________________________|______|______|______|______|______|______|

I would understand if there was like only issues with gaming, live streaming and demanding services. But I can't even join a low-quality discord/whatsapp voice call with around 95% packet loss. Heck even the local discord in JHB wont let me connect at all.

Bl1zz4rd

Hi, yeah I know its due to the routing change and the fact that the PUBG matching system sees the ping is better to South America than the EU.

The problem is that you must play on what their system says you must play on. We cannot choose anymore in PUBG which region we want to play on.

So I'm hoping that CISP can do custom routings for the PUBG players to go to the EU route and not the SA route as default.

Ah, that's unfortunate. For Apex, we used to need to wait around in the menu for a server selector to appear. Then, after an update, they just made it appear instantly, so that we can select our preferred one. Pity PUBG doesn't have the same.

R13...

Honorary Master
Seems fine now. Was only out for two mins. Not everything but streaming and browsing work

Status
Not open for further replies.