Cool Ideas Fibre ISP – Feedback Thread 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

ToxicBunny

Honorary Master
Correct me if i'm wrong, im no expert, wouldn't it be less damaging to just disconnect everything for a couple of hours than having days worth of damage? If everything is disconnected, wouldn't the bot or whatever is causing the attack find there is no result and just move on?
Hardly, all it would do is disconnect the links, the attack would carry on ultimately but the traffic would go nowhere. When you reconnect, if the attack is still ongoing it would flood the links all over again.

jannier

Expert Member
Ok, I see what you mean, but I paid the full amount myself to have the line connected, (it was 1700 at the time if I recall).
It was not part of a package from CISP. So this is why, in my case, I won't have that extra charge.

Having said that, I don't think it would have been 999 anyway.
R1700 is the installation cost. R999 Is the connection fee. Most ISP's pay that on your behalf, but you will pay it back or portion of it if you leave in x months. All depends on the contract fine print.

SplaT

Whatever they are doing seems to be working for now, I have full speed access to everything I have tried so far.

Looney

Expert Member
Again! @PBCool @TheRoDent Please remove my number and all my details from your system. I am no longer a customer and I no longer want to receive any further comm from Cool Ideas.

Cool Ideas Update: engineers are still working on restoring international connectivity. Updates to follow. bit.ly/cispoutage

SplaT

Yeah, my international traffic is back to normal. Just downloaded a full game from Epic Store. Could just be a temporary dip in the attack.

ipodmusicman

My Amazon Echoes are working 100%, not to mention Spotify, etc. waiting for official confirmation though before I get my hopes up. I’m in Cape Town.

mertin_zn

What were you doing at o4hundred this morning?

Page 410
Today at 4:46 AM
Total inbound network traffic (that we can see) : 326GBPS
Amount of legit traffic: <40Gbps
Checking whether the hard earned money I pay Cool Ideas for service is resolved.

mertin_zn

Seems they deliberately wont answer their call center. Trying to call to get the ball rolling to cancel this crap.

smc

Just received this :

Your Chipolo app has been shut down for the past 48 hours and cannot connect to your Chipolos or update their location
So, for the entirety of the past 48 hours, there hasn't been enough international connectivity for a key locating device to talk to a server.

:mad:

Fulcrum29

Honorary Master
My connection is still a hit and miss at the moment, but things are seemingly recuperating.

FFMG

R1700 is the installation cost. R999 Is the connection fee. Most ISP's pay that on your behalf, but you will pay it back or portion of it if you leave in x months. All depends on the contract fine print.
I see, I have been for CISP for long enough then, (well over a year), so I should be fine.
Anyway,I will cross that bridge once I have made a plan for the dead time while swapping ISPs.

Status
Not open for further replies.