Cool Ideas Fibre ISP – Feedback Thread 2

WickedMONK3Y

Have asked a senior to check up on this for you. Either a bad fibre, or maybe a power supply issue on the CPE ?
@TheRoDent The CPE stays on, the orange light for the fiber is on (FX) and blinks randomly as it usually should, and the orange light for the link to the router (LAN1) both stay on, the Raycore never seems to lose power that I can see, just the link seems to die and the blue light on the CPE starts flashing. It might be a bad power supply or an issue with the CPE as it did start taking longer and longer to go to solid blue after a few load sheds, but really not sure.
I mentioned on the ticket: #COOL-20191202-346883, that it seems to be intermittent.

Are the people around (neighbours) you dropping as well? Maybe you got a kink in your fibre? We once got a kink in our Openserve fibre (when we were using them) and it caused hell for us, it eventually just stopped working and they had to come out to fix it...
Nobody else dropping that I can tell, haven't seen any complaints on the group, and no kinks that I can see but then it is all piped and has been working for 8 months without issues since install and the issue only seemed to start on Sunday morning. I walked out to the grey wall box and everything looks fine for the cables going into it but I will likely have to wait for Vuma to come out and check it.

WickedMONK3Y

Have asked a senior to check up on this for you. Either a bad fibre, or maybe a power supply issue on the CPE ?
Thanks @TheRoDent, Ramon gave me a call. I tried what he suggested, I even went to Vuma to pick up a new adapter for the CPE and tried a bunch of different plugs, multi plugs, extensions, all from different plugs in the house. Stillno dice, it just flashes blue.
Worst part is that when I got home it was solid blue and after the tests it’s still flashing blue hahaha, so no net for me again tonight :p

I have replied to Ramon, thanks for the assist. Will keep Ramon updated and ask you for help if needed :)

Ticket:#COOL-20191202-346883 for reference.

John Tempus

Expert Member
@PBCool @TheRoDent

Is there anything you can do regarding the CPT->JHB game server loss. After the recent DDOS spectacle no matter when I try play some csgo all the jhb hetzner hosted afaik have constantly 5-20% loss making it a pain in the ass to even bother playing anymore.

To international I get no loss so something between cpt and jhb servers seems to be messed up.

TheRoDent

Cool Ideas Rep
Company Rep
Thanks @TheRoDent, Ramon gave me a call. I tried what he suggested, I even went to Vuma to pick up a new adapter for the CPE and tried a bunch of different plugs, multi plugs, extensions, all from different plugs in the house. Stillno dice, it just flashes blue.
Worst part is that when I got home it was solid blue and after the tests it’s still flashing blue hahaha, so no net for me again tonight :p

I have replied to Ramon, thanks for the assist. Will keep Ramon updated and ask you for help if needed :)

Ticket:#COOL-20191202-346883 for reference.
Sorry bout that bud.

TheRoDent

Cool Ideas Rep
Company Rep
@PBCool @TheRoDent

Is there anything you can do regarding the CPT->JHB game server loss. After the recent DDOS spectacle no matter when I try play some csgo all the jhb hetzner hosted afaik have constantly 5-20% loss making it a pain in the ass to even bother playing anymore.

To international I get no loss so something between cpt and jhb servers seems to be messed up.
A trace or destination IP would help ?

TheRoDent

Cool Ideas Rep
Company Rep
@PBCool @TheRoDent

Not seeing anything local on our network between CPT and JHB.

PBCool

Cool Ideas
Company Rep
Check specifically capetown to hetzner jhb traffic. Afaik all the csgo servers is hosted on hetzner and CISP have had this same packetloss issue to the hetzner jhb servers a couple of months ago.
So this depends on where in Cape Town as customers we pickup at IS Bree would probably use our JINX peer and customers we pickup at Teraco Rondebosch would be NAP at Isando to get to Hetzner.

CrypticZA

I have not played a lot of CS recently but a friend asked me to review a game yesterday to see whether i agreed that someone was hacking, and for the short period i was on also pretty much noticed connection to the CS servers was really bad, var and packetloss were spiking... I did not do any testing since i don't play the game just backing up what a fellow gamer is saying :)

TheRoDent

Cool Ideas Rep
Company Rep
Check specifically capetown to hetzner jhb traffic. Afaik all the csgo servers is hosted on hetzner and CISP have had this same packetloss issue to the hetzner jhb servers a couple of months ago.
I did, and it seems fine to xneelo.co.za

So, perhaps a specific IP will help.

Naaimasjien

@PBCool @TheRoDent

Do you experience packet loss while playing on community servers too?

S.Claus

@PBCool your support staff doesn't seem to understand routing and instead, I get a response about my line. There is absolutely nothing wrong with my line. Is it too much to ask to be routed to the closest JHB server instead of JHB-CPT and back to JHB?
#COOL-20191129-345417

Tman*

Expert Member
My line is also down.

Tried phoning 010 593 2665 to report - seems like the support number is also down as it doesnt even ring?

PBCool

Cool Ideas
Company Rep
@PBCool your support staff doesn't seem to understand routing and instead, I get a response about my line. There is absolutely nothing wrong with my line. Is it too much to ask to be routed to the closest JHB server instead of JHB-CPT and back to JHB?
View attachment 751890
#COOL-20191129-345417
It's a bit more complicated, should have this permanently resolved in the next couple days.