Cool Ideas Fibre ISP – Feedback Thread 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

skydog

Anyone that relies on people that need charted flights to run their network deserve it... for everyone else there is a cheaper option I'm sure the rodent has helped CISP through these speedhumps

under_sky

Expert Member
Anyone that relies on people that need charted flights to run their network deserve it... for everyone else there is a cheaper option I'm sure the rodent has helped CISP through these speedhumps
Hes the lead network engineer there so sure he has

r00igev@@r

Expert Member
I have this unit but there are loads of different companies that make and sell the same kind of device.

I think I paid around R500 for it. And R200 for the battery. Worth every cent. Has been a life saver over the last 2 years with the intermittent load shedding.
Around the corner from my office! Nice.

r00igev@@r

Expert Member
Who are the ones that charter flights. Damn do they also have enough to money to do sundowners in the game reserve afterwards as well???

CrypticZA

Code:
|------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
|                                      WinMTR statistics                                   |
|                       Host              -   %  | Sent | Recv | Best | Avrg | Wrst | Last |
|------------------------------------------------|------|------|------|------|------|------|
|                             192.168.0.1 -    0 |    4 |    4 |    0 |    0 |    0 |    0 |
|                            155.93.254.1 -    0 |    4 |    4 |    2 |    2 |    4 |    2 |
|                           155.93.240.33 -    0 |    4 |    4 |    2 |    2 |    4 |    2 |
|            c3h-backbone.coolideas.co.za -    0 |    4 |    4 |    1 |    1 |    1 |    1 |
|                              154.0.1.13 -    0 |    4 |    4 |    1 |    1 |    1 |    1 |
|                             100.99.0.34 -    0 |    4 |    4 |   21 |   21 |   21 |   21 |
|                             100.99.0.99 -    0 |    4 |    4 |   19 |   20 |   21 |   21 |
|                   cloudflare.ixp.joburg -    0 |    4 |    4 |   21 |   21 |   22 |   22 |
|                         one.one.one.one -    0 |    4 |    4 |   19 |   19 |   19 |   19 |
|________________________________________________|______|______|______|______|______|______|
Any update when this will be back to normal?

Want to start testing Cloudflare Warp+ :c

wingnut771

Executive Member
I have this unit but there are loads of different companies that make and sell the same kind of device.

I think I paid around R500 for it. And R200 for the battery. Worth every cent. Has been a life saver over the last 2 years with the intermittent load shedding.
"Buzzer tones on battery low and AC Fail."

this would be annoying.

image132

Expert Member
Just want to throw in my UPS suggestion. I got this guy:

Bought it last year. Runs my CPE, Asus router and a digital clock for like 5 hours easy. Its got a very handy "silence" button that turns the annoying buzzer off and the battery is easy to swap out, although proprietary. I've managed to run a tv and a dstv decoder for over 3 hours before so it will somehow pull that through load shedding too.

Got 0 complaints about it. Nice little unit.

furpile

Expert Member
I have this, but bought at a Security shop (might have a different brand name), attached to a 45 Ah car battery. Always had my ADSL router on it, and even 12V LED lights during loadshedding. Should last a few days with just the router on it. Will probably try to get a 12V to 9V circuit to run the TP link router as well for fibre.

static_sa

Expert Member
Somerset West -- FrogFoot -- Completely dead

Why am I paying for this 1Gbps line again?

r00igev@@r

Expert Member
I have this, but bought at a Security shop (might have a different brand name), attached to a 45 Ah car battery. Always had my ADSL router on it, and even 12V LED lights during loadshedding. Should last a few days with just the router on it. Will probably try to get a 12V to 9V circuit to run the TP link router as well for fibre.
Often you can just connect the 12V if it is a decent router with a regulator.

jannier

Expert Member
Somerset West -- FrogFoot -- Completely dead

Why am I paying for this 1Gbps line again?
Stage 4 loadshedding implemented since 14H00. This could affect fibre operations, as it did previously this year. Just saying, but might be something else too.

jannier

Expert Member
Just want to throw in my UPS suggestion. I got this guy:

Bought it last year. Runs my CPE, Asus router and a digital clock for like 5 hours easy. Its got a very handy "silence" button that turns the annoying buzzer off and the battery is easy to swap out, although proprietary. I've managed to run a tv and a dstv decoder for over 3 hours before so it will somehow pull that through load shedding too.

Got 0 complaints about it. Nice little unit.
I wonder then why my unit runs for for about 30 - 45 minutes when the power goes out. Then I have to turn it on again and it runs for 10 - 15 minutes. And repeat until the power goes on. It does not run the full outage period. Battery fully charged and newly replaced. Has a 700W / 1400VA output. Only have the cpe, router and access point powered on it during outage.

Is there different circuitry in yours that makes it run continuously?

DeatheCore

I wonder then why my unit runs for for about 30 - 45 minutes when the power goes out. Then I have to turn it on again and it runs for 10 - 15 minutes. And repeat until the power goes on. It does not run the full outage period. Battery fully charged and newly replaced. Has a 700W / 1400VA output. Only have the cpe, router and access point powered on it during outage.

Is there different circuitry in yours that makes it run continuously?
Yeah I have an Eaton 1100va that also lasts just about 2hr30m with literally only the Raycore CPE and MikroTik hap ac2 attached to it. Takes like 12hours to recharge.. Pretty crap little thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.