Cool Ideas Fibre ISP – Feedback Thread 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

x7razor

How did you keep the CPE on that long? My UPS ran for about 15 - 20 minutes and it turned itself off, had to turn it back on and then after 10 - 15min it turns off again.
Set it to setting to run as long as possible, battery is not flat but it turns off. Replaced the batteries after stage 4 load-shedding earlier in the year.
This is what I use.

What you using?

sorry for only getting back now i use one of these below and a old 12 7ah battery bought a new 12v 9ah this week already replaced it and now it keeps my cpe and wifi router the whole load shedding will test later to see how long it will last

Power Supply

CrypticZA

Expert Member
Anyone else just drop connection? Was playing Overwatch dropped and lost 50SR and now my ping is 30 higher than normal :/

DeatheCore

Anyone else just drop connection? Was playing Overwatch dropped and lost 50SR and now my ping is 30 higher than normal :/
Yeah noticed via Chatterino 'reconnected' and it seems like Blizz (and other int) is going CPT-JHB-UK now

EDIT: Back to normal now:

Last edited:

image132

Expert Member
Well we would investigate it yeah so let me know. If the game provider has their own AS etc then it's possible if they use a transit provider it's a bit more tricky.

I sent you a PM regarding this. I wasn't sure if If I should have sent to you or @TheRoDent. Thanks in advance.

Bighit

Expert Member
Dead, Northern suburbs, Cpt
Yip, Blue light flashing, vumatel, stellenberg down

Edit: Blue light stopped flashing at 18:28, still no connectivity

18:30, and we're up and back to normal

Last edited:

DJZassie

I just have to say, contrary to @DJZassie recent issues with Twitch buffering, that I have had pretty good performance watching Twitch lately with very little buffering. And it does seem to be pulling from Brazil AWS ranges.
The trace is strange though, appears to terminate locally, something to do with direct peering or?
View attachment 753714
Been fine for me the entire day... pulling from Brazil...

Since 6:35 it's been garbage again :/

PBCool

Cool Ideas
Company Rep
Everything still dead for me, I've restarted everything, I have a solid blue light but zero connection.

Edit: Never mind, it's back.
Sometimes it takes a while for the Vumatel pop to do provisioning and IP allocations as entire areas come back up.

CrypticZA

Expert Member
No changes done, howcome?
Played a lot of overwatch today... Too much in fact... And not one server did I have 175ms.... Every server I got was 164ms (both Amsterdam and Paris) which is how it use to be (3 months ago)... so I have been complaining how two servers both in the same location would have 164ms and the 175ms never encountered that once today... And this is well over 5 hours of games which all lasted like 5 minutes so it was a lot of servers...

Sodan

Expert Member
Down.
Wynberg, Cape Town
Octotel.
Far left light is orange, two red ones in the middle, and green on the far right.
Rebooting it makes no difference.

jannier

Expert Member
Played a lot of overwatch today... Too much in fact... And not one server did I have 175ms.... Every server I got was 164ms (both Amsterdam and Paris) which is how it use to be (3 months ago)... so I have been complaining how two servers both in the same location would have 164ms and the 175ms never encountered that once today... And this is well over 5 hours of games which all lasted like 5 minutes so it was a lot of servers...

@PBCool
I also noticed yesterday that latency to EU dropped by about 10ms, where I lately got 146 - 155ms to Coreix it was yesterday 140 - 141ms constantly, similar to what it was a few months ago.
Could it be the difference between Cogent and HE?

PBCool

Cool Ideas
Company Rep
@PBCool
I also noticed yesterday that latency to EU dropped by about 10ms, where I lately got 146 - 155ms to Coreix it was yesterday 140 - 141ms constantly, similar to what it was a few months ago.
Could it be the difference between Cogent and HE?
Nah latency to London is via WIOCC our carrier, I see the latency did come down a bit 140ms vs 144ms. This may have been something they were doing.

Status
Not open for further replies.