Cool Ideas Fibre ISP – Feedback Thread 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

bumbledore

Local fine

International ANYTHING - borked

Sad

Would a VPN mitigate this in anyway? Looking at NordVPN as a solution to this shitshow....

marine1

Honorary Master
Something very wrong at CI. How is it possible on a local XpressVPN it's ok?

bozzy

Using NordVPN to Joburg and no issues getting to sites, so definitely an upstream problem...

cavedog

Honorary Master
Something very wrong at CI. How is it possible on a local XpressVPN it's ok?

Ddos filling up international transit and routers.

Connecting to a local VPN server means traffic gets peered locally at teraco and then the vpn provider uses their own transit to international.

So ddos is congestion actually. All the traffic is coming usually from international.

AfricanTech

Honorary Master
Something definitely not lekker on the international transit - had Nord set to London and *bam* massive timeouts about 5 minutes ago. Switched Nord to Jhb and am back up and running.

Netflix local and PSN chugged along happily (Nord only running on my PC not at router level).

John Tempus

Executive Member
Ddos filling up international transit and routers.

Connecting to a local VPN server means traffic gets peered locally at teraco and then the vpn provider uses their own transit to international.

So ddos is congestion actually. All the traffic is coming usually from international.

Really ? is that why Im being routing all across the continent just to get to USA ?

How does DDOS mitigation account for me being routing from CPT->LON->BOSTON->ALBANY->NY DATACENTER

Before I was CPT->ALBANY..

Is LON and BOSTON both doing scrubbing ? seems like fkd routing but hey im just a spectator.

ItherNiT

do you guys have any trouble with uplay?

Edit: R6 Siege just got local servers, I cant seem to get online :(

DYreX146

do you guys have any trouble with uplay?

Edit: R6 Siege just got local servers, I cant seem to get online :(
Yeah mine also wouldn't connect because it has to connect to the main authentication servers in EU. I'm using ExpressVPN on the SA server right now and it's working normally.

Status
Not open for further replies.