Cool Ideas Fibre ISP – Feedback Thread 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

germanji

You must be new to CISP :), look at the last 500 pages ...
Been with cool ideas for about 2 years. Only found this forum on their 2nd DDOS attack and been using this forum to check if anyone else has issues. Decided today to reply to get some posts in :giggle:

r00igev@@r

Executive Member
Nope, when you posted I was busy or just finished reinstalling win 10. And got the same bad speeds. But then moments later everything tanked. I still had to DL the software but all was dead. Then when all recovered my speeds where back to normal.

Can't do much today. Just going out the door to hospital for a procedure.
Good luck with the procedure. If you have a wireshark of a bad speed and good speed it will make detecting the issue real easy.

x7razor

more down than up this is becoming the norm these days with CISP no wonder they are getting attacked lol nothing is working :mad:

Go†h_Li†e°²

Appears to be possible peering issues/interconnect issues, three traces to different local endpoints each giving different failure points at jinx and ixp...third one to local hosting company also on jinx but different peering link is successful...no connection to another local data center, just stops short of breaking out of Cool ideas networks...

lkswan747

Expert Member
Sadly it's 1 calendar month, we gave ours last month but... pulled it 3 days ago since most ISP's are saying it will take 3-5 working days to get us up and running and its during my holiday time so.... gave them another month fml...
Thanks, I will definitely be giving notice 1st January 2020. I have had enough of CI's Shyte. The avoidance of having to deal with CI makes the downtime worth it.

FFMG

Does my termination period with CI have to be a calendar month or can I issue a termination at any time? I think it is definitely time to move on!

Yeah, but you need to make a plan because the new ISP will never take over as soon as CISP disconnects, (CISP might not even release the line when expected).
You will have dead time, some say a couple of days at best.

My disconnection is soon and I am boring a Vodacom modem.

It is expensive ... but it is better than the constant down time from CISP.

requiem

Expert Member
We are aware of an issue affecting international traffic for certain customers on the Cool Ideas network.

Cool Ideas technicians are currently investigating and mitigation is currently in effect.

From your announcement page... What percentage is "certain"

lkswan747

Expert Member
We are aware of an issue affecting international traffic for certain customers on the Cool Ideas network.

Cool Ideas technicians are currently investigating and mitigation is currently in effect.

From your announcement page... What percentage is "certain"
From the comments on this thread, I would say 100%.

FFMG

Are you sure you are not looking at the message from the last time? Or the time before?
They tend to use the same message.

DDoS, Blah, Blah ... mitigate ... Blah, Blah ... new hardware, keep paying peasants.

xefor

Are you sure you are not looking at the message from the last time? Or the time before?
They tend to use the same message.

DDoS, Blah, Blah ... mitigate ... Blah, Blah ... new hardware, keep paying peasants.

It takes time to mitigate but it has been getting better ^^.

Status
Not open for further replies.