Cool Ideas Fibre ISP – Feedback Thread 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

marine1

Honorary Master
Kids at home having a fit as there is no internet - thanks a lot! I suspect this has been happening since the weekend as connections to international servers have been shocking!
Yup, and it seems its only CI
I am thinking of getting another ISP as well, cant carry on like this

duanesf

This surely started on Monday? Noticed packet loss and increased loss then already and it spiked dramatically by yesterday.

If this is another prolonged issue then it’s curtains for me too.

lkswan747

Expert Member
CI are using Shock and Awe tactics!! I actually received a phone call from them to tell me that they are still experiencing connectivity issues! Like I didn't notice FFS, how can I not notice when I have a yoyo on my desk! Excuse me, I am just going to play with my yoyo.:mad:

Nexzuis

So for everyone looking to cancel. They don't do it over the Phone. You have to email them. Even worse and more reason to cancel. How do you email a broken ISP with no internet. It's a joke. Been with axxess before and everything can be done online, email, phone.. You name it. Shocking CISP. Catch a wake up and get in 2019. Bye Crystalweb 2.0. Anyone wanting to know if they need to Cool Ideas. NO! Don't!

lkswan747

Expert Member
Staff - 18/12/2019 11:45 AM

Hi There

Apologies for the frustration caused

We are currently dealing with an issue which is causing international loss and degraded performance.

Unfortunately it is a network wide issue and we understand the urgency of getting this resolved.

For further updates please keep an eye on https://help.coolideas.co.za/announcements/article/cool-ideas-international-traffic-5

Your patience and understanding is much appreciated in this regard
Patience my ass, I am ready to kill someone or something!

capek

Dead connection here too (Octotel, CapeTown Gardens). Ddos attacks can happen. So far I didn't complain nor cancel. But it's enough now. What annoys me most is the lack of communication and transparency. Comments on Facebook are deleted or hidden, no official announcement other than on this ridiculous announcement page that provides no valuable information and which might or might not be updated in the next couple of hours. I don't want to read about your zombie stories three days later again. I am over it. Communication is key guys in case you wonder why so many people are going to cancel services with you. Was a long term fan but enough bis enough. I have a business to run and I believe I am better of with another ISP in the future that understands and values their customers' needs.

GlassMirror

Expert Member
Yeah guys, in the biggest CISP supporter but it can't go on like this. I've only been on CISP for 2 months but I've had more issues in this short amount of time than I had with my 3 years with Telkom. To be honest I haven't had a days issue with them. The reason I switched from Telkom was that I couldn't support an organization like Telkom anymore and thought let me try one of the best independent ISPs out there. Much to my dismay now. This is the second strike now against CISP and on the third one I'm switching. One more chance and I'm gone. I'm sorry CISP, I want to believe in you and continue supporting you but I can't anymore if you do not deliver

x7razor

A company with a thread of 503 pages should be self explanatory and a clear warning to STAY away

TranQ

If I get home this afternoon and my internet is dead I'm cancelling. I sat last year the week before Christmas without internet for 4 days.
This will be the last straw for me.

mack_again

The net is back and working okay for now, Panorama Cape Town on Vumatel.

It has been frustrating, these last few week. Now lets hope they can keep things up. But it simply cannot continue like this. We simply cannot afford downtime on expensive connections. My thoughts are to give them till the end of January to resolve their issues.

What cannot be tolerated is incorrect information in support notices. Local was impacted by the outage not just international. I could reach neither. This has to stop. You cannot tell me it is international, when I am trying to reach local VPN servers to get work done.

Nexzuis

Random guess... DDoS?

Maybe you guys should consider turning it off and on again.
They need to turn the whole place off and keep it off. Going to take this Viral on Social media and everyone I touch will know to stay FAR away from CISP

Status
Not open for further replies.