Cool Ideas Fibre ISP – Feedback Thread 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hxx

I cannot play one round of Battlefield V without disconnecting... this was my day off.......

Fulcrum29

Honorary Master
I agree, internet having no international traffic does win battles against DDOSing.

doh!
Seeing that VPNs are being scrubbed. Mine can connect now without issue, but hardly anything to nothing is moving through it I have to wonder whether VPNs and other DNS services will be permanently scrubbed down the line when anything 'suspicious' is being detected?

International is still very erratic with some locally served sites being sluggishly served with non-locally cached international content.

John Tempus

Expert Member
@PBCool @TheRoDent

Can you guys please handle mitigation better and not entirely drop all international traffic on and off. This is retarded now and not how mitigation should work. It doesn't seem like you are actually dropping/blocking specific traffic , you seem to be completely dropping any and all international traffic and then 5-30mins later allow all traffic again.

This is beyond messed up way of mitigating anything.

capek

I can't connect at all either since this A.M. - tried resetting my router etc - no luck

Hxx

Something is still broken....my xiomi vacuum cleaner is not even connecting.....

PBCool

Cool Ideas
@PBCool @TheRoDent

Can you guys please handle mitigation better and not entirely drop all international traffic on and off. This is retarded now and not how mitigation should work. It doesn't seem like you are actually dropping/blocking specific traffic , you seem to be completely dropping any and all international traffic and then 5-30mins later allow all traffic again.

This is beyond messed up way of mitigating anything.
So attacks of a certain magnitude we scrub ourselves, then beyond that we have an external scrubbing service, then from there blackholing which is what you're describing.

So there is an MTU issue with the external scrubbing service which we have discovered with this last attack which we working on resolving with the provider.

Status
Not open for further replies.