Cool Ideas Fibre ISP – Feedback Thread 2

ISP cash cow

Executive Member
gee fcking Gee Cool ideas. This is on a R1500.00 a month 200/200 line. thank goodness I only have until the end of the month of this **** before I leave. You have seriously done the type of Afrihost damage to your name in the last couple of months, its unfathomable to think you went from being blistering cool to absolute sh!te in a matter of months.

Attachments

Rabobi

Executive Member
gee fcking Gee Cool ideas. This is on a R1500.00 a month 200/200 line. thank goodness I only have until the end of the month of this **** before I leave. You have seriously done the type of Afrihost damage to your name in the last couple of months, its unfathomable to think you went from being blistering cool to absolute sh!te in a matter of months.
Its never their fault

lrossouw

I'm seeing routing issues on Vumatel in Cape Town. Can't route to some SA IPs and they can't route to me. I have raised ticket a week ago and have only had one response (asking if I had a response)..
COOL-20190611-259552

Last edited:
My downloadspeed is below 1Mbps currently with a ping to Google of 1560ms. No support available. How Cool is that. Just love this service. Time to move on had too many issues the past months.

PBCool

Cool Ideas
Company Rep
My downloadspeed is below 1Mbps currently with a ping to Google of 1560ms. No support available. How Cool is that. Just love this service. Time to move on had too many issues the past months.
Can you post an MTR or a ticket number?

PBCool

Cool Ideas
Company Rep
I'm seeing routing issues on Vumatel in Cape Town. Can't route to some SA IPs and they can't route to me. I have raised ticket a week ago and have only had one response (asking if I had a response)..
COOL-20190611-259552
Checking this out for you.

PBCool

Cool Ideas
Company Rep
Nothing we are aware of, as mentioned multiple times if you have loss on your line you will get poor international performance.

Rabobi

Executive Member
We happily pay our staff and your FNO and our carriers.

When an FNO doesn't deliver, it's not something that we should have to help them resolve. It's not a common theme with us it's a common them with FNOs.
So why dont you take some pro active action and inform your paying customers of whats going on. A sms or an email. Rocket science you know. But no. We have to come bitch and moan here to get any response. Your ticket system is also utter bs

Fjorko

So why dont you take some pro active action and inform your paying customers of whats going on. A sms or an email. Rocket science you know. But no. We have to come bitch and moan here to get any response. Your ticket system is also utter bs
I have 2 suggestions for you

1. Change your current FNO and stay with CISP ( Most likely will fix your issues ) - I recommend Openserve - even if they are a bit more expensive - their network has proven itself over and over to be the most stable one out there.

2. Change ISP and stay with FNO ( Almost guaranteed NOT to fix your issues )

^ This applies to EVERYONE bitching and moaning every single day. If you change nothing - nothing will change.

Lekker dag !

Rabobi

Executive Member
I have 2 suggestions for you

1. Change your current FNO and stay with CISP ( Most likely will fix your issues ) - I recommend Openserve - even if they are a bit more expensive - their network has proven itself over and over to be the most stable one out there.

2. Change ISP and stay with FNO ( Almost guaranteed NOT to fix your issues )

^ This applies to EVERYONE bitching and moaning every single day. If you change nothing - nothing will change.

Lekker dag !
How about we bitch and moan and demand better service as paying customers and improve the situation together without jumping ship??

Fjorko

How about we bitch and moan and demand better service as paying customers and improve the situation together without jumping ship??
Ja you see - i get that you want to do that - i really do - but the thing is- its not going to change anything, because the problem lies with the guys that your ISP have no control over - other than report it on your behalf..

Just move FNO and get quicker results ? ( if possible of course )

Rabobi

Executive Member
Ja you see - i get that you want to do that - i really do - but the thing is- its not going to change anything, because the problem lies with the guys that your ISP have no control over - other than report it on your behalf..

Just move FNO and get quicker results ? ( if possible of course )
There is no need to move, they can just inform customers of issues and resolution times etc

"An informed customer is a happy customer"