Cool Ideas Fibre ISP – Feedback Thread 2

PBCool

Cool Ideas
Company Rep
There is no need to move, they can just inform customers of issues and resolution times etc

"An informed customer is a happy customer"
How are we supposed to inform customers of FNO issues if the FNO isn't even aware? We need to go through the process with customers to prove to the FNO. And because one person might have an issue this doesn't mean that every other customer on that network would be affected. Octotel, Vumatel Aerial, Openserve etc basically any diverse network is complicated in this regard.

PBCool

Cool Ideas
Company Rep
FYI Our other route to KZN that was giving issues is back in the mix between IS Parklands and IS Umhlanga. The flapping portion has been resolved.

Rabobi

Executive Member
How are we supposed to inform customers of FNO issues if the FNO isn't even aware? We need to go through the process with customers to prove to the FNO. And because one person might have an issue this doesn't mean that every other customer on that network would be affected. Octotel, Vumatel Aerial, Openserve etc basically any diverse network is complicated in this regard.
I give up. You dont ever do post mortems? You dont ever follow up with customers after an outage? Its the usual "its not us" mentality that really PISSES me off. But ok, keep going, see how it ends up for you guys with this attitude

PBCool

Cool Ideas
Company Rep
I give up. You dont ever do post mortems? You dont ever follow up with customers after an outage? Its the usual "its not us" mentality that really PISSES me off. But ok, keep going, see how it ends up for you guys with this attitude
I constantly post any information we get, Octotel was a prime example of this, same with Vumatel? As I mentioned previously I have no problem posting when it is our issue. When it isn't I am also going to be honest about it.

Bryn

Doubleplusgood
@PBCool and CISP in general have been reasonable the entire time I've been a customer, which is a little while now. They provide data over a large number of networks, all of which experience issues and have their own peculiarities.

No one is accusing any ISP of being perfect with resolving problems, but you're inviting unpleasant experiences if you aren't willing to meet them halfway. It's a difficult industry with a large number of clients and suppliers. Just be cool and provide as many info as you can when you are experiencing issues. It's not reasonable to expect an ISP to start phoning or emailing thousands of clients unless they're responding to a ticket. Customer support is pretty swamped as it is.

jvrs

Post mortems on the third party's network, is this the funny thread?

What people seem to not grasp...

2 types of issues, CISP issues and FNO issues.
CISP issues are communicated, we all read it here.
The status page gets updated so much quicker if CISP issue, take a guess why... They know about it.

Then there are FNO issues, it's silly to expect the status page to be updated if One guy has a problem and how on earth must CISP update the page if the FNO does not communicate said issue within their network, they won't even acknowledge the issue in the first place.

Being a twat helps nothing, jump ship and see your issue persist elsewhere then.

Bryn

Doubleplusgood
What does every one think about an optional template for posts, it could include what you need to provide etc.
Probably a waste of time. It would need to be site-wide to be integrated into the forum so there's no chance of that. If some unique instructions are simply provided in the OP, or there's a sticky instructions thread, no one would read them. And after all that, there's probably no great template that can be provided given the wide range of issues and comments.

That said, a stickied thread about what tests to run and how to run them could be very useful. At least then service reps and users could link someone to it.

roughiain

Probably a waste of time. It would need to be site-wide to be integrated into the forum so there's no chance of that. If some unique instructions are simply provided in the OP, or there's a sticky instructions thread, no one would read them. And after all that, there's probably no great template that can be provided given the wide range of issues and comments.

That said, a stickied thread about what tests to run and how to run them could be very useful. At least then service reps and users could link someone to it.
idea cisp.co.za/forum

Bryn

Doubleplusgood
Would be nice if the was a

FNO - Coolideas Feedback

would certainly make it clear which networks are more problematic
It would be nice to have different support threads for the different CISP networks. Afrihost has a subforum to itself, so maybe @PBCool can organise one for Cool Ideas.

Rabobi

Executive Member
I want to engage with the people who take my money each month, not the 3rd party who may or may not be the one at fault. Its up to CI and their partners to sort their communication processes out. But it seems im the only one who thinks this way, so doesnt really matter o_O

Bryn

Doubleplusgood
I want to engage with the people who take my money each month, not the 3rd party who may or may not be the one at fault. Its up to CI and their partners to sort their communication processes out. But it seems im the only one who thinks this way, so doesnt really matter o_O
You're correct that it's no one's business to deal with anyone other than their service provider. But you also have to help Cool Ideas help you. Being unwilling to submit test results or just follow along with due process so that they can then slog it out makes things very difficult for them.

PBCool

Cool Ideas
Company Rep
@PBCool - Seeing slightly increased latency ( 5 - 10ms ) to EU and some garbage NNTP download speeds today. Are we on the alternate carrier at the moment?
Some transit is using IS' network for now until the new capacity is up. No issues with latency or loss though, what does an MTR look like?