Cool Ideas Fibre ISP – Feedback Thread 3

DYreX146

Anybody else internet just dropped, Vumatel, trenched Moseley, Durban?
Yeah mine has been dropping and coming up again over the last hour, right now it's pretty much completely dead. I'm on Openserve in KZN.

TheRoDent

Cool Ideas Rep
Can confirm that we had outages on both our KZN GP routes both at the same times.

x7razor

Hey so how would one get hold of Vuma or is it even possible to get them to check why their network dies after 1 hour into load shedding here in northern suburbs kraaifontein cpt?

Since Friday 22:30 till Saturday 20:00 we did not have any power cuts so that would have been more than enough time to recharge the batteries. Previously they stayed up during Stage 2,3 so i suspect its probably due to bad batteries since our area's fibre is not that old more or less a year and a half since they installed it everything.

I might be wrong but just want to make sure or get some confirmation from them or maybe its something else if they can fix it or not then so be it :)

swakop_toe

My link is also flapping.
(#COOL-20200315-394337)

Went down at 08:30, came up 30min later.
All good, except from 10:00 no more Netflix...
Burgundy Estate, Cape Town.

If ISPs have any foresight, the near future will put much more pressure on them to deliver - house/self confinement will become constant reality.
I have several customers already enquiring to migrate their ops. software to the cloud, for obvious reasons.