Cool Ideas Fibre ISP – Feedback Thread 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

swakop_toe

Just got a call from your support desk.
We'll do a telecon when I'm at home later this afternoon to test and fault find.
@PBCool, so I missed the cal from your support desk, I think, replied to the ticket I am available, way before your 8pm cutoff time, and I am yet to have a callback...the Facebook add you ok posted re: COVID19, is really ironic, very sad actually....

TheRoDent

Cool Ideas Rep
@PBCool, so I missed the cal from your support desk, I think, replied to the ticket I am available, way before your 8pm cutoff time, and I am yet to have a callback...the Facebook add you ok posted re: COVID19, is really ironic, very sad actually....
How so?

PBCool

Cool Ideas
Company Rep
Bit difficult if you missed the call, would suggest you call back in that case, a ticket response would take some time to be processed by the team even though it's before our cutoff time of 8PM.

PM me when is a good time to arrange a call again tomorrow.

mkultra77

#COOL-20200318-395840 please help, no internet, completely dead, red light on modem. Stuck at home for two weeks.
Thank you.

DuckKnuckle

Expert Member
Must be localized in your area, CPT, Brackenfell, Eden Park PoP, Vuma Trenched, 1000/100

Okay I haven’t tested by bypassing the router just yet, but I did test over WiFi to Coreix and I’m getting ~250Mbps. On my PC it’s still ~20Mbps

The WiFi router (Ubiquiti Aircube) is connected directly to my router (Ubiquiti EdgeRouter X).

Any ideas? Power cycle the ERX?

Snikt786

@PBCool, same issue as @mkultra77

LOS light on fibre box blinking red (slow blink), internet completely dead since Tuesday morning.

Ticket logged: #COOL-20200318-395893

Can you please assist?

Thanks,

User52

Hi, I have had latency issues with my line for a good few months now.

My local Ping to Durban used to be 2-3ms which is now 12-15ms and some speedtest servers are 30-40ms.
I have discussed this issue with TheRoDent for a while via PM, however he has stopped replying to my PMs.

Could I get this latency issue fixed please?

r00igev@@r

Executive Member

My local Ping to Durban used to be 2-3ms which is now 12-15ms and some speedtest servers are 30-40ms.
I have discussed this issue with TheRoDent for a while via PM, however he has stopped replying to my PMs.

Who is the FNO? That is normal for speedtest servers. I don't know if the "ping" can be called a "ping" on the speedtest.net dashboard as they use http and not ICMP to measure latency.

PBCool

Cool Ideas
Company Rep

Can you post a trace to 8.8.8.8 for example? Or any of the hosts you are experiencing the increased latency to?

Phinix

Expert Member
Any reason why Uplay downloads are all over the place?

Will be 24MB/s for a minute then bounce between 10MB/s and 16MB/s.
It's downloading from this IP: 2.21.98.218 and "a2-21-98-218.deploy.static.akamaitechnologies.com"

The speeds are fine since I am in no rush, but am curious.

PBCool

Cool Ideas
Company Rep
Any reason why Uplay downloads are all over the place?

Will be 24MB/s for a minute then bounce between 10MB/s and 16MB/s.
It's downloading from this IP: 2.21.98.218 and "a2-21-98-218.deploy.static.akamaitechnologies.com"

The speeds are fine since I am in no rush, but am curious.
More than likely load on all these services.

Phinix

Expert Member
More than likely load on all these services.
Yeah seems like it, I was just about to post that I just paused and resumed the download and now it is solid 24MB/s and downloading from "197-80-130-65.jhb.mweb.co.za".

Splinter

Honorary Master
Expect the internet to strain with school holidays and people starting to work from home.

That is a good point. Also that even with school holidays, some of the brats would do things like go to the mall/cinema/beach/whatever.

Now most will stay indoors and look to the internet for relief from boredom.

Beginner

@PBCool, @TheRoDent, I have been without internet for a week already with no resolution in sight as the Vuma service manager does not respond to your staff right. If I cancel with CISP would it be fair to request an immediate cancelation without the month notice, I mean CISP have not been providing me with a service anyways and I don't see why I should wait anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.