Cool Ideas Fibre ISP – Feedback Thread 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

PBCool

Cool Ideas
Company Rep
1.1.1.1 and 9.9.9.9 are supposed to be routing to Durban, some days I get 3ms to them and other days I get 30ms like you see here. Do you know the reason for this?
Ok cool, please PM me your IP as well then I can do some testing.

User52

Sent a PM with info PBCool, would really appreciate if the routing issue can be fixed (if its not an FNO issue).
Thank you.

PBCool

Cool Ideas
Company Rep
Sent a PM with info PBCool, would really appreciate if the routing issue can be fixed (if its not an FNO issue).
Thank you.
For sure, once we implemented the local route reflectors this was all fixed so will investigate.

User52

Yeah I heard something about route reflectors at the time this occurred. Thank you.

DYreX146

When the route reflectors got implemented pretty much nothing changed for me, the only difference was that the routing would work properly a little more often than it used to.

@PBCool I also sent you a PM with my IP so that you could do some testing and it's still the same IP from last night.

User52

I noticed the increased latency just before the route reflectors were implemented (from my knowledge).

User52

Also, my IP didn’t change - I have same IP which now has approximately 10ms extra latency than what it was before, but the original IP is the same as current IP.
Just something I noticed, as Speedtest logs IPs.

User52

Also, my latency to JHB speedtest servers is the same as latency to local Durban servers.

PBCool

Cool Ideas
Company Rep
Have made some adjustments to the routes in KZN, please all test again for me and report any issues. If still not corrected for you please PM me your IP.

User52

Wow!!! That’s some good routing. Super low latency this side since rebooting modem, after you made the changes.

User52

I’d suggest the others reboot their modems. Seemed that my modem was doing odd stuff before I rebooted it, after you made the changes.

r00igev@@r

Executive Member
I have two ISP accounts on openserve - one on cool ideas and the other a pre-paid on afrihost. I use the latter as a fail-over. I can see all those guys who left cool ideas for greener pastures are now suffering. Its 11am and they are already starting with packet loss. Cool ideas is steady.
civsa.png

swakop_toe

Are your issues sorted? I havent received a PM as yet.
Thanks for asking.
We've been too busy to stream anything, so can't say.
I am starting to think it might be DSTV Now not able to cope as the free channels was advertised recently. In typical fashion they will only decide to upgrade their delivery after months of terrible service.
I am not fussed anymore anyhow.
Will pipe up if it becomes stale again.
The ticket is still open.

CrypticZA

Expert Member
Thanks for asking.
We've been too busy to stream anything, so can't say.
I am starting to think it might be DSTV Now not able to cope as the free channels was advertised recently. In typical fashion they will only decide to upgrade their delivery after months of terrible service.
I am not fussed anymore anyhow.
Will pipe up if it becomes stale again.
The ticket is still open.
DSTV Now has very bad performance issues, around the world cup time i was not able to stream 360P but could stream 1080P on Twitch their servers are a joke at times lol

Status
Not open for further replies.