Cool Ideas Fibre ISP – Feedback Thread 3

TheRoDent

Cool Ideas Rep
Any news on when Cool Ideas will finish "evaluating how and when we participate in SADV's Corona Double Speed promotion"?
@PBCool and I have been discussing this today. We will likely start the upgrades for SADV on Sunday evening late or Monday. We are happy with the impact of other promotions so far.

Disclaimer: This is not a guarantee, but an estimate.

Joka69

Expert Member
I have the Huawei ONT box, with Aerial fibre, which means I have GPON, which essentially means I should have had my line upgraded with the promotion as all GPON networks have been upgraded, but mine seems to still be on 20/2.

TheRoDent

Cool Ideas Rep
I have the Huawei ONT box, with Aerial fibre, which means I have GPON, which essentially means I should have had my line upgraded with the promotion as all GPON networks have been upgraded, but mine seems to still be on 20/2.
Have your restarted the ONT yet ?

TheRoDent

Cool Ideas Rep
Ok, so your line is still ~20Mbps. Unfortunately we have no way of knowing if every single line was succesfully upgraded with Vumatel Aerial. Could be that there is still some outstanding provisioning that's required.

Joka69

Expert Member
Ok, so your line is still ~20Mbps. Unfortunately we have no way of knowing if every single line was succesfully upgraded with Vumatel Aerial. Could be that there is still some outstanding provisioning that's required.
No worries, thanks for the feedback.

ChadKay

Hi guys
Firstly thank you so much for the upgrade, it's much appreciated :)

Secondly, I can tell by my upload speed that i've been increased, but my download speed is the same.
Do I need to adjust my router settings? My speed is usually 100/10, but now my upload is 20 and down is the same.
I'm plugged in via lan using a TP LINK archer C2 AC 750 router.
Vumatel trenched, Linksfield JHB.

Again thank you so much :)

PBCool

Cool Ideas
Hi guys
Firstly thank you so much for the upgrade, it's much appreciated :)

Secondly, I can tell by my upload speed that i've been increased, but my download speed is the same.
Do I need to adjust my router settings? My speed is usually 100/10, but now my upload is 20 and down is the same.
I'm plugged in via lan using a TP LINK archer C2 AC 750 router.
Vumatel trenched, Linksfield JHB.

Again thank you so much :)
If it's a C20 then your port is limited to 100Mbps, you will need another router to get beyond 100Mbps. We did include that in the communication that went out. We sell the Archer C5s for R999 delivered.

ChadKay

If it's a C20 then your port is limited to 100Mbps, you will need another router to get beyond 100Mbps. We did include that in the communication that went out. We sell the Archer C5s for R999 delivered.
Ok awesome thank you, ignorant question incoming but i'll ask it anyway; if I order it now, will it be delivered during lockdown?

If not, will the below suffice?

Last edited:

TheRoDent

Cool Ideas Rep
Ok awesome thank you, ignorant question incoming but i'll ask it anyway; if I order it now, will it be delivered during lockdown?

Yes, you can order one by mailing connect@cisp.co.za -- our couriers are operating. And yes the C6 will do just fine as will any, as long as the router has a 1000Mbps WAN port.

PBCool

Cool Ideas

Yeah we are delivering, yes that will work as well. Basically the same thing.

cavedog

Honorary Master
Quick question if upgrading everyone is taking this long because it's a difficult thing to do how is the downgrades going to go. That should be interesting