Cool Ideas Fibre ISP – Feedback Thread 3

stefan9

Executive Member
Doesn't look like it is limited to FF, I am still waiting on Vumatel!

Well FF when they spoke to mybroadband last week said it would be done by today. So that's where I am placing my blame. 1st april then 6 and now that will also be missed...

@Frogfoot Fibre again made that claim about all being done today at 11:29 https://mybroadband.co.za/forum/thr...ed-upgrades-for-south-africans.1075905/page-6

And no it being free doesn't excuse promises not being kept...

PBCool

Cool Ideas
Well FF when they spoke to mybroadband last week said it would be done by today. So that's where I am placing my blame. 1st april then 6 and now that will also be missed...

@Frogfoot Fibre again made that claim about all being done today at 11:29 https://mybroadband.co.za/forum/thr...ed-upgrades-for-south-africans.1075905/page-6

And no it being free doesn't excuse promises not being kept...
Once they are complete IE end of today, both Vumatel and FF we will escalate individual cases with them. Which will be tomorrow.

AfricanTech

Honorary Master
Once they are complete IE end of today, both Vumatel and FF we will escalate individual cases with them. Which will be tomorrow.

and for those are confused (like the Thursday midnighters :ROFL:) the end of the day is Monday midnight ie 12 o clock tonight

lkswan747

Expert Member
With whom do we query tomorrow if we have Vumatel trenched and Cool Ideas?

PearlJam

Expert Member
My upload is still at the old limit. Is there a separate process going for the upload side of the upgrade?

TheRoDent

Cool Ideas Rep
There shouldn't be any need to query with Cool Ideas. As stated, the upgrades are under the FNO's control.

I'm sure that everyone can understand during this time that we as an ISP, simply cannot and will not bear the brunt of support around free upgrades.

We try to help out here on this forum, as we can, but to be realistic we cannot handle the volume of calls or tickets around free upgrades, and nor will we entertain it.

We have no insight into the processes that FNO's have undertaken to implement the upgrades, and we cannot see from our backend systems interfacing with them, whether an upgrade has taken place or not, other than the occasional "area updates" we receive. We can thus neither confirm or deny that you have received an upgrade, aside from obvious things such as 100Mbps only capable routers.

All of the prior two cases I checked, everything is done on our side to allow for higher speeds.

LomWoss

My upload is still at the old limit. Is there a separate process going for the upload side of the upgrade?
I have the same, got upgraded from 1.7/20 to 1.7/50. I'm happy with the download speed increase but was also hoping to try out the new upload speed. I'm not sure if I should log a call as it is part of the "free" stuff or just live with it?

PBCool

Cool Ideas
I have the same, got upgraded from 1.7/20 to 1.7/50. I'm happy with the download speed increase but was also hoping to try out the new upload speed. I'm not sure if I should log a call as it is part of the "free" stuff or just live with it?
Also PM me.

Azg

Expert Member
There shouldn't be any need to query with Cool Ideas. As stated, the upgrades are under the FNO's control.

I'm sure that everyone can understand during this time that we as an ISP, simply cannot and will not bear the brunt of support around free upgrades.

We try to help out here on this forum, as we can, but to be realistic we cannot handle the volume of calls or tickets around free upgrades, and nor will we entertain it.

We have no insight into the processes that FNO's have undertaken to implement the upgrades, and we cannot see from our backend systems interfacing with them, whether an upgrade has taken place or not, other than the occasional "area updates" we receive. We can thus neither confirm or deny that you have received an upgrade, aside from obvious things such as 100Mbps only capable routers.

All of the prior two cases I checked, everything is done on our side to allow for higher speeds.
Received loud and clear!

Now to more important matters :) . Have any SADV clients been upgraded yet?

TheRoDent

Cool Ideas Rep
If you're not receiving your advertised download speed on a normal package, then obviously that's an issue we want to have resolved.

As long as:

1. You've logged a ticket.
2, You're not doing a speedtest over WiFi.

HunterGR

Expert Member
I like how the FNO's are passing the buck to the ISP's......... (See post by @Frogfoot Fibre earlier today)

The ISP's have done their job, upgraded everyone on their end and await feedback from the FNO's so that they can update their clients. Cool Ideas for one have been brilliant with all the answers and support offered since this debacle began, Yes there will be problems, yes Cool Ideas will try to help, but what does not help is people bitching and moaning at Cool Ideas because the FNO has not completed what has been promised.

Best we as consumers can do is wait until they finally say that they are done, then start bitching at the FNO's, ISP's are not to blame here (At least not Cool Ideas)

EDIT: As i posted this my ONT rebooted and I have been upgraded - FF In Parklands CPT

Last edited:

Armizael

I like how the FNO's are passing the buck to the ISP's......... (See post by @Frogfoot Fibre earlier today)

The ISP's have done their job, upgraded everyone on their end and await feedback from the FNO's so that they can update their clients. Cool Ideas for one have been brilliant with all the answers and support offered since this debacle began, Yes there will be problems, yes Cool Ideas will try to help, but what does not help is people bitching and moaning at Cool Ideas because the FNO has not completed what has been promised.

Best we as consumers can do is wait until they finally say that they are done, then start bitching at the FNO's, ISP's are not to blame here (At least not Cool Ideas)

EDIT: As i posted this my ONT rebooted and I have been upgraded - FF In Parklands CPT

You're lucky - still stuck on 200mbps, same area.

I'm not even sure who I should be picking up the issue with tomorrow - Frogfoot said on Facebook and here we need to pick it up with the ISP, while Cool Ideas are (understandably) not really keen on handling queries about it, so I guess we'll see what happens tomorrow.

Semi-related, Frogfoot sent me a mail an hour ago saying that "my link has not been in service for while and they want to come pick up the ONT", so clearly things are going haywire over there.

Sargeant

What line are you on? Can you get more than 15Mbps download on speedtests to the UK or US?
Octotel has really become almost unusable on International side, watching Netflix US on VPN I might as well give up some times. Not even SD is achievable. Won't waste my money trying to upgrade on a network this terrible!

stefan9

Executive Member
Mine has finally been updated. One observation upload speed doesn't be at the same ration as the download speed, was the same on 100mbps. Not sure if that is intentional or not. Download speed is most important to me so this is just an observation.

Thank you to @PBCool @TheRoDent who answered the queries unlike @Frogfoot Fibre who failed directly address my query...

1586197143849.png

1586197238729.png