Cool Ideas Fibre ISP – Feedback Thread 3

PBCool

Cool Ideas
Yeap still ongoing issue with Octotel, we have setup point to point private IPs along the route to the blouberg OLTs and this is what it looks like when sessions drop:

pinger.jpg

PBCool

Cool Ideas
@PBCool seems to misread timestamps too :D It is once an hour! And I only run the test for 5 seconds with 4 connections whereas speedtest normally does 10-15 seconds with 6 connections.

I know what a hog it can be, back when I joined CISP and when I was still on Afrihost, I had 6 tests running every 15 minutes for a time. Again only 5 seconds, but that was 750GB a month :oops: . So cutting it by 12, it is hardly anything, around 60GB/m (2 local, 1 EU) based on 100mbit speed. I will do some tests to see what I can use as a reliable timespan (less than 5 seconds).

Edit: Quick test seems to indicate 2 seconds is still semi-reliable. :thumbsup:
My bad, but you are running the 3 tests every hour right?

Gambit

Expert Member
Fibre down in Sonstraal Heights, Durbanville since 9:08am. 1000/100 Vuma trenched. Anyone else experiencing the same?

DuckKnuckle

Expert Member
Internet just died in Cape Town, Brackenfell, Vuma Trenched. [mention]jannier [/mention] are you also down?

[mention]PBCool [/mention] [mention]TheRoDent [/mention]

PBCool

Cool Ideas
If you are on 1Gbps services they are being regraded on the Vumatel side, try just restart your router. If that doesn't work both CPE and router.

Last edited:

Gambit

Expert Member
If you are on 1Gbps services they are being regarded on the Vumatel side, try just restart your router. If that doesn't work both CPE and router.
Restarting the Raycore CPE did the trick for me. Thanks @PBCool. That is probably the first time restarting the CPE has fixed anything for me since I got Vumatel 3 years ago. Do you know what they were upgrading? Is this to fix the momentary drops?

jannier

Expert Member
Internet just died in Cape Town, Brackenfell, Vuma Trenched. [mention]jannier [/mention] are you also down?

[mention]PBCool [/mention] [mention]TheRoDent [/mention]
Yes, it went out and I had to restart my router to get it back, I noticed @PBCool reply below your post.

Not sure what "regarded" means?

fogbound

Afternoon @PBCool
A funny thing is happening (on the home school front).
We cannot get www.tkswr.co.za to resolve and open etc across CI but it opens on Vodacom.
A bit confused as to what might be happening as it does the same with firewall up and down.
Screenshot 2020-04-15 at 13.25.07.png

Mange to ping all that but still can't interact, could you have a look-see?

We are vuma-aerial, Roodepoort

jannier

Expert Member
Afternoon @PBCool
We cannot get www.tkswr.co.za to resolve and open etc across CI but it opens on Vodacom.
A bit confused as to what might be happening as it does the same with firewall up and down.
View attachment 822201

It loads but I just see a blank white page. tried with CISP and Vodacom mobile.

TheRoDent

Cool Ideas Rep
Afternoon @PBCool
View attachment 822201

Seems to be their site, refusing to serve out anything

They are sending a zero-byte response to an HTTP request

1586950609863.png

Their SSL certificate is invalid for https requests.

1586950676759.png

But it does appear if the host https://keg.edgebase.co.za/ seems to work fine

1586950723367.png

If that is what you are looking for....

Attachments

fogbound

DeatheCore

If you are on 1Gbps services they are being regraded on the Vumatel side, try just restart your router. If that doesn't work both CPE and router.
Interestingly, my Vuma 1000/100 hasn't dropped at all today (Panorama PoP, CPT)