Cool Ideas Fibre ISP – Feedback Thread 3

L-Dog

Expert Member
If nothing on the announcements page then nothing we are aware of, log with support otherwise. Which area are you in?

Lynnwood, Pretoria. 2-3 times per day the lines seems to drop for 10-15 minutes

L-Dog

Expert Member
sometimes but with different service providers, can you please send a link so I can log the qeury ?

Thanks

jannier

Expert Member
How do you get such fast international download speeds? i get like 10 on a 100mb line.
I guess that is due my Fibre levels are good, and no congestion in my area or the Pop I connect to and the backhaul to the data centres.
And the speedtest server is all good and not having issues of its own.
The test is to Coreix - London.

grantduke

I have a suspicion that Openserve fibre is half-duplex - can anyone confirm or deny this? Rx rate comes down when Tx goes up

1588010385872.png

leppie

I have a suspicion that Openserve fibre is half-duplex - can anyone confirm or deny this? Rx rate comes down when Tx goes up

View attachment 830207
If you saturate upload (multiple upload connections like Speedtest does), latency goes crazy, like 150ms+, which would affect download. The reverse does not nearly have such a bad affect on latency.

Maybe @TheRoDent can explain or confirm this behavior.

Sargeant

Anyone aware of any problems with Octotel trenched in Cape Town City Bowl - Internet went down about 15 minutes ago and can't get it back up?

GlassMirror

Expert Member
Anyone aware of any problems with Octotel trenched in Cape Town City Bowl - Internet went down about 15 minutes ago and can't get it back up?
What type of issues? High latency, random drops in connection, slow international speeds, etc?

GlassMirror

Expert Member
For reference, I'm also on Octotel, CPT, Buh-Rein Estate, on a 100/25 line:

London:

New York:

Masant_ZA

Hey so if I upgrade my line speed before they double the speed, am I still eligible for the speed upgrade (provided I don't have a 100 Mbps line)?

PBCool

Cool Ideas
Hey so if I upgrade my line speed before they double the speed, am I still eligible for the speed upgrade (provided I don't have a 100 Mbps line)?
Which FNO? I presume Openserve, as they have already started the process of the line changes so we wouldn't be able to guarantee the upgrade would apply. But we would try, would be a bit of a risk.

Masant_ZA

Which FNO? I presume Openserve, as they have already started the process of the line changes so we wouldn't be able to guarantee the upgrade would apply. But we would try, would be a bit of a risk.
You assume correctly. Thx for the info. Think I'd rather just wait it out then.