Cool Ideas Fibre ISP – Feedback Thread 3

Phinix

Expert Member
Is served from the east coast US it seems, and Twitch doesnt peer at De-CIX NY or at NYIIX so it takes the London route.

Is served from Sao Paulo, which then uses SACS route.

So not route or capacity related, could just be twitch battling?
Maybe, with certain streams if I switch it from low-latency mode to normal it fixes it, but doesn't always work.
And as I said it's fine during the day.

Sig_ZA

I have had nothing but pleasure using CISP as my ISP. Their support is on par in my opinion, you will get rough times with all ISPs at times. However I find that issues on the CISP network gets resolved quick vs other ISPs.
As for the Frogfoot issue you have, can't comment as I am on Vumatel.
What I like most about CISP, the representatives you speak to here, isn't someone from their Support, its the network guys themselves. So as someone that knows networking, it is a real pleasure to deal with them here on MyBB vs frustration I get from usual support staff(even though I understand why).

Even if you don't know networking, you just a customer who wants his internet to work, they will still help you. Just keep your calm and work through all the questions and tests they want and your issue will get sorted out.

However, you have to be realistic, not all issues can be fixed in minutes or hours. If they have to escalate to vendors like Frogfoot or upstream or peers, they can only go as fast as those vendors allow them.

I am not your regular fan of whatever ISP, I chose them because of how they run their network and also because of their network guys here on MyBB.

ps. I used to work at another ISP, not Coolideas. Still, I chose Coolideas as my ISP. Unfortunately I know how most ISPs run their networks, and while I understand why, I am not a fan of that model. So here I am :)
Thanks, this is useful. I appreciate your time. I am desperate for a new ISP. I doubt anything can be worse than WebAfrica.

Sig_ZA

Vox/Frogfoot user here.

@Sig_ZA Vox has been 90% useless fighting Frogfoot on my behalf and I've had to do everything myself, pretty much having to tell them what the problems are, how it's supposed to be resolved, and then updating them later with how my progress has been going because they didn't do *******, and ignored any talks of refunds for the months we had unusable internet - because "Your internet wasn't off the entire time" and "we can't guarantee international traffic" - This while local packetloss had speedtests to Cpt = 20-30mbps on a 100mbps line.
About 2 month back my connection just stopped working. All the lights on the Frogfoot box were dead but for power. After two weeks of begging WebAfrica to get Frogfoot to sort it out, I contacted Frogfoot directly. They moaned about me contacting them directly, but the next morning 9am the techie was here to sort it out.

This is a different matter. The router has just stopped communicating with the internet. All the lights are green, but it is not assigned an IP address. I plugged the Frogfoot box's LAN directly into my PC and set up network connection and it works fine.
So it looks like the router's config has become corrupt. But how?
WA just doesn't have any skilled staff to understand the problem, let alone fix it.

jannier

Expert Member
About 2 month back my connection just stopped working. All the lights on the Frogfoot box were dead but for power. After two weeks of begging WebAfrica to get Frogfoot to sort it out, I contacted Frogfoot directly. They moaned about me contacting them directly, but the next morning 9am the techie was here to sort it out.

This is a different matter. The router has just stopped communicating with the internet. All the lights are green, but it is not assigned an IP address. I plugged the Frogfoot box's LAN directly into my PC and set up network connection and it works fine.
So it looks like the router's config has become corrupt. But how?
WA just doesn't have any skilled staff to understand the problem, let alone fix it.
Just do a factory reset on your router and then re-config it again.
These things happen, maybe a power spike/dip corrupted it.

Masant_ZA

I've been having intermittent packet loss only noticeable in games. I know people have some issues with warzone but Apex and Siege used to work fine for me. Every now and then my character will rubber band for a single frame or two and then normalize again. I've been trying to catch it in the act but all the tests that I have done show up normal (using mostly winmtr).
Ticket reference: #COOL-20200425-421938

Masant_ZA

So just a quick story-you can all ignore this if you want since it's not really probably relevant. So years ago when our isp was telkom ( :crying: ) we had this issue that whenever it rained, our internet would just go out. Every time we would call telkom: they would send a technician after a couple of days but by then the problem would seemingly go away by itself. Finally a sharp techi showed up one day and checked the line from the pole to our roof and discovered that it had been sheared open at one point. So every time it rained, water would get in there and the line would just **** itself. Ever since that day I fear the same thing will happen again and that I would sit for months struggling with a problem on the physical line and not even know it.

under_sky

Expert Member
@PBCool
Got a new client who has MFN installed in her house but now I want to move her over to you, she wants to rather do eft first and not a debit order yet.
how can I go about placing the order like this ?

Loppas

I've been having intermittent packet loss only noticeable in games. I know people have some issues with warzone but Apex and Siege used to work fine for me. Every now and then my character will rubber band for a single frame or two and then normalize again. I've been trying to catch it in the act but all the tests that I have done show up normal (using mostly winmtr).
Interesting. I'm in cpt on openserve and iv seen some packetloss in apex intermittently today, gotten timed out from the server twice as well.

Edit: Right after i sent that msg this happened, what are the chances
Untitled 3.png

CrypticZA

Expert Member
You playing Seige on local servers? I play Apex and have had no issues like you other than packet loss during peak now and then.

Hunted

Having the same problem of late. My son whilst playing Fortnite and me playing PUBG. I have two other friends on CISP as well who also seems to have this issue. All of us on Vuma trenched.

Got killed in game +- 3 times now due to this.

Don't know how to test this since it's so random.

under_sky

Expert Member
@PBCool Please could you have a look at my ticket
#COOL-20200505-426987

Im getting 100mbps when i should be on the 200mbps package yes router does 1gbps and using cat 6 which is also showing 1Gbps on my network interface

My internet did drop its connection around 00:09 or 1:09 not sure and this is when the problem started, couldnt get a IP had to restart the Calix box.

Example speedtest done on the router itself 1588645028814.png1588645154208.png

under_sky

Expert Member
@PBCool Please could you have a look at my ticket
#COOL-20200505-426987

Im getting 100mbps when i should be on the 200mbps package yes router does 1gbps and using cat 6 which is also showing 1Gbps on my network interface

My internet did drop its connection around 00:09 or 1:09 not sure and this is when the problem started, couldnt get a IP had to restart the Calix box.

Example speedtest done on the router itself View attachment 834616View attachment 834618
@PBCool
@TheRoDent any feedback ?