Cool Ideas Fibre ISP – Feedback Thread 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

r00igev@@r

Executive Member
Hi all,

I've been having connectivity issues throughout the lockdown and Cool Ideas seem to not care to solve it. It goes down for hours at a time almost every day. OpenServe have been out twice now and both technicians have said the same thing; the line is fine. On the modem side, the AUTH light on the Nokia box flashes when I lose connection. I've opened so many tickets and called so many times and received the same nonsense response, "we're looking into it". Anyone else have similar issues?
Are you sure its Nokia? OpenServe use Huawei.

WAslayer

Executive Member
@PBCool wanted to ask if there is any leniency for 30 day cancellation notice due to lockdown delaying deeds registrations, making it impossible to plan cancellation..

I'll be moving next week, as I found out today and need the new house does not have a line yet.. still covered by Vuma..

PBCool

Cool Ideas
Company Rep
@PBCool wanted to ask if there is any leniency for 30 day cancellation notice due to lockdown delaying deeds registrations, making it impossible to plan cancellation..

I'll be moving next week, as I found out today and need the new house does not have a line yet.. still covered by Vuma..
PM me your account details will see what I can do.

TheRoDent

Cool Ideas Rep
Hi all,

I've been having connectivity issues throughout the lockdown and Cool Ideas seem to not care to solve it. It goes down for hours at a time almost every day. OpenServe have been out twice now and both technicians have said the same thing; the line is fine. On the modem side, the AUTH light on the Nokia box flashes when I lose connection. I've opened so many tickets and called so many times and received the same nonsense response, "we're looking into it". Anyone else have similar issues?
What is the model number of the Nokia ONT ?

TheRoDent

Cool Ideas Rep

Unfortunately the FNO's don't give us any leniency when it comes to line cancellations and transfers. If they did, we would pass on those terms to our customers. There's no need for us to enforce terms that we aren't forced to oblige. Unfortunately this is not the case. However, we will always try if we can...

StoneCold

Expert Member
I've never seen one. Is it for a particular area. Learn something each day.

Also have a Nokia ONT (Bloemfontein).

My parents have a Alcatel Lucent one, technically it's their second one after the first got struck by lightning. The Nokia one I have looks exactly the same as the Alcatel one. Pretty sure Nokia bought Alcatel Lucent and just changed the branding on the device.

DYreX146

I've never seen one. Is it for a particular area. Learn something each day.
Yeah I'm in KZN and in my home and my previous home Openserve gave us Nokia G-240G-C ONTs. My friend on Openserve in Pretoria told me that he got the Huawei one, so I guess it differs by region.

squirrel

Expert Member
Any issues at the moment (OpenServe)? Can't upload any files at all. Neighbors Afrihost line seems fine.

DeatheCore

Hey @PBCool have you managed to find anything related to CPT -> Blizz EU?
As mentioned before it does not occur when connected to NordVPN UK directly, so I'm having to constantly use it to play WoW without spikes... please see my MTRs below
1590142199775.png
1590142222868.png
1590142243069.png
1590142261520.png

Last edited:

mastercylinder

Hey @PBCool ,

I'm getting a fairly consistent packet loss to IP ranges within mainland China. I expect there may be nothing you can do about this, but some networks (MTN mobile for example) seems to handle it better.

A sample IP (picked and random from Huawei's IP block of 139.159.235.1 can demonstrate this. Any idea what night be the issue and how I can improve on this?

PBCool

Cool Ideas
Company Rep
Hey @PBCool ,

I'm getting a fairly consistent packet loss to IP ranges within mainland China. I expect there may be nothing you can do about this, but some networks (MTN mobile for example) seems to handle it better.

A sample IP (picked and random from Huawei's IP block of 139.159.235.1 can demonstrate this. Any idea what night be the issue and how I can improve on this?
Can you post how you are seeing this loss?

CrypticZA

Expert Member
Hey @PBCool ,

Whats your MTR look like? This is mine and it's pretty clean

139.159.235.1.png

mastercylinder

Can you post how you are seeing this loss?
Mostly trying to connect to a remote SQL Database, I'm getting timeouts, but a ping -t on that IP address (or others in mainland China ) seems to show the issue. It's a corner use case, I know, but it is a bit annoying.

Status
Not open for further replies.