Cool Ideas Fibre ISP – Feedback Thread 3

CrypticZA

Yeah looks like traffic is handed over at ixp cape town, and carried by aws (using their own transit / route to Frankfurt)

PS: Let me know what you think of performance to Blizz titles now? But for me it has been rock solid, and lower latency since PBCool turned up a direct peer in the UK
I had practice Sunday, Monday, Comp with friend on Tuesday, Wednesday match, Thursday Practice xD don't want to touch Overwatch with a 10 foot pole right now lol and got a game on Sunday. I did open and just check in a custom game earlier today and it seemed very solid, connection was good, had a few spikes of packet loss but they were 1% at max where Telia spikes are up to 5%... Last night was rough playing since i kept spiking.

-Misfit-

No internet here in Stellenbosch. On Frogfoot.

Edit. Back online.

Last edited:

DuckKnuckle

Expert Member
I'm struggling with twitch tonight, lots of buffering. Anyone else?
Not just twitch for me. YouTube is buffering constantly and struggling to load

Vuma trenched, CPT Northern Suburbs

[mention]PBCool [/mention] [mention]TheRoDent [/mention] do you guys need a ticket or need to see anything specific?

Can’t load into Warzone on PC anymore either

Last edited:

jannier

Expert Member
Not just twitch for me. YouTube is buffering constantly and struggling to load

Vuma trenched, CPT Northern Suburbs

[mention]PBCool [/mention] [mention]TheRoDent [/mention] do you guys need a ticket or need to see anything specific?

Can’t load into Warzone on PC anymore either
I have been on YouTube for the last couple of hours, no issue.

Rouxenator

Dank meme lord
No internet here in Stellenbosch. On Frogfoot.

Edit. Back online.
What the **** was that ?!

No seriously I want answers.

I nearly cost custody of my child and it most certainly cost me my marriage.

I want ****ing answers and I want it ****ing now.

Hunted

Yeah Also had a big whoopsy just now.. was in a Game and it eventually timed out, Reckon it was international since the local TS stayed on. My duo buddy also with CISP and he also dropped.

StoneCold

Expert Member
Yeah something is whack tonight. For the first time ever I'm getting packet loss in Warzone. Going to swop to my backup account and use that for now.

Last edited:

CrypticZA

Played Apex for the past 3 hours and was fine, also YouTube was fine twitch was buffering a little earlier but it might have been the host since they were south african and have a bad ISP xD Vumatel CPT

Markd

Omg. Line has gone down again for the second time today. Seems to tank for 5 minutes and then come back up. This has been happening on and off for days. What's going on?? Blouberg, Cape Town

x7razor

no issues here on codmw smooth sailing for the last couple of hours no lagg no disconnects :)

PBCool

Cool Ideas
Does anyone have any MTRs or anything for me when this happened? Nothing to report from our side.

CrypticZA

Just taking a stab but the CoD issue might have been them pushing something to their servers I got a notification from patchbot on discord last night they pushed a new update. I know I saw packet loss on the London Apex server and a few others but it was less than 5% and I couldn't find the right IP's and when I did find a few I couldn't find where the loss was happening, so just played the game - did not feel it much so didn't worry about it. Was only EU that had loss the NA servers and Brazil had 0.

Attachments

TheRoDent

Cool Ideas Rep
Nokia 7368 ISAM ONT G-240G-C
1590223363453.png

The AUTH led indicates that's attempting to sync with the GPON network. This could be an optical signal issue, or a problem with the device, or it's provisioning on the network. I don't think the line is "fine".

View attachment 844697

The AUTH led indicates that's attempting to sync with the GPON network. This could be an optical signal issue, or a problem with the device, or it's provisioning on the network. I don't think the line is "fine".
Aha. Which means it is an Openserve issue? Cool Ideas logged a ticket with them, which means they'll probably just send another technician who will say the same thing as the previous 2. So I really don't know how to deal with this.

PBCool

Cool Ideas
Aha. Which means it is an Openserve issue? Cool Ideas logged a ticket with them, which means they'll probably just send another technician who will say the same thing as the previous 2. So I really don't know how to deal with this.
Escalating via our Openserve AM for you.