Cool Ideas Fibre ISP – Feedback Thread 3

Genisys

Executive Member
What is the process for switching ISP's on MetroFibre to CISP? Already have the fibre set up and installed, just want to move to CISP. I tried ordering on the CISP site but it says I'm not covered by any fibre providers. What kind of downtime should I expect? I think my current ONT will need to be switched out as I have a 844G-2 currently?

TheRoDent

Cool Ideas Rep
What is the process for switching ISP's on MetroFibre to CISP? Already have the fibre set up and installed, just want to move to CISP. I tried ordering on the CISP site but it says I'm not covered by any fibre providers. What kind of downtime should I expect? I think my current ONT will need to be switched out as I have a 844G-2 currently?
As per PM, ask Telisha about the process and coverage. There shouldn' be a need to swap the ONT, we will send you a router to connect to the ONT, and replace their router.

S.Claus

Okay nice I did not know COD started using Amazon CPT :unsure:

The loss or lagg could be coming from the server itself. I tested the speed on these servers. They are pretty fast. Network seems good.

Me - packet loss
Friend 1 with CISP - packet loss
Friend 2 dif ISP - no packet loss
Friend 3 dif ISP - no packet loss

We all stay around the Gauteng area

S.Claus

Is that still happening or was last night? You can see from the trace that there is no loss network wise.
I ran the tests a few seconds ago (the in-game screenshot was taken today at 14:15). I ran the test and it shows no loss according to PingPlotter but in-game it shows a loss.

Last edited:

PBCool

Cool Ideas
I ran the tests a few seconds ago (the in-game screenshot was taken today at 14:15). I ran the test and it shows no loss according to PingPlotter but in-game it shows a loss.
Could be UDP loss possibly, might be worth doing IPerfs. Which FNO and router are you using?

CrypticZA

I think it is 52.223.209.209 & 52.223.209.170 as well

video-edge-c2a5c8.sao01.no-abs.hls.ttvnw.net.png

Buffering on 480P with a 50/5 Vumatel line

S.Claus

Do you have another router to test with at all? Are you seeing any other loss in other games?
I ran it with both the Netduma XR500 and Ax88u same result.

Edit: Think it was on their side. As of 16:53, we have 0% packet loss

Last edited: