Cool Ideas Fibre ISP – Feedback Thread 3

PBCool

Cool Ideas
Company Rep
Only notices we have are for the building Claremont from Octo, but clearly a problem.

image132

Expert Member
Only notices we have are for the building Claremont from Octo, but clearly a problem.
I can tell you that its transient and started happening for me around Decemeber. I've had it as much as 4 times in two weeks and other weeks not at all. I never logged it because it kind of fixed itself and lets be real, Octotel will just deny it. However if other people are having the issue too maybe its a sign of bigger issues.

Nemanjas Bullet

I can tell you that its transient and started happening for me around Decemeber. I've had it as much as 4 times in two weeks and other weeks not at all. I never logged it because it kind of fixed itself and lets be real, Octotel will just deny it. However if other people are having the issue too maybe its a sign of bigger issues.
Also had issues around the same time - also never logged but did post on this thread at the time.

PBCool

Cool Ideas
Company Rep
Log it, we can take your session history to Octotel for motivation.

CrypticZA

@PBCool Is there a particular reason when i try do a speedtest it says i am based in JHB and the recommended server is Cool Ideas Randburg, but when i change the server to CPT i get normal ping and everything? It also says that the CPT servers are 1000's of KM away from where i am.

Also find when trying to do a trace route it looks to be blocked unless i use something like pingplotter, both doing a tracert via cmd and using WinMTR i couldn't trace to Blizzard.

Via cmd and WinMTR it only resolves local, noticed this last couple days since trying to track performance to Blizzard which has been very shaky at times when i am playing.

PBCool

Cool Ideas
Company Rep
@PBCool Is there a particular reason when i try do a speedtest it says i am based in JHB and the recommended server is Cool Ideas Randburg, but when i change the server to CPT i get normal ping and everything? It also says that the CPT servers are 1000's of KM away from where i am.

Also find when trying to do a trace route it looks to be blocked unless i use something like pingplotter, both doing a tracert via cmd and using WinMTR i couldn't trace to Blizzard.

Via cmd and WinMTR it only resolves local, noticed this last couple days since trying to track performance to Blizzard which has been very shaky at times when i am playing.
Usually this is just "new" or "moved" IP space regionally, the Geo location updates by itself over a week or two. Nothing to worry about.

TheRoDent

Cool Ideas Rep
Company Rep
Heads up, some more BGP and Route Reflector work coming up tonight.

*Should* not be service affecting aside from some convergence loss or latency.
Alright, the maintenance is finished. Cape Town is now much more standalone, with routes back to Joburg for any local traffic should a peering link in Cape Town fail.

Let me know if I broke anything. :)

DYreX146

Alright, the maintenance is finished. Cape Town is now much more standalone, with routes back to Joburg for any local traffic should a peering link in Cape Town fail.

Let me know if I broke anything. :)
I'm so happy.