Cool Ideas Fibre ISP – Feedback Thread 3

Elro

@PBCool MFS side is set up, all lights on ONT green. Still no connection. does something else still need to be done on cool ideas side?

Both ONT and router were rebooted

PBCool

Cool Ideas
@PBCool MFS side is set up, all lights on ONT green. Still no connection. does something else still need to be done on cool ideas side?

Both ONT and router were rebooted
Great news, will PM you a test account shortly.

mike.399

Hi, I'm on CI + vumatel in Melrose. No internet access currently, I know there have been guys laying cables recently. Worried they've hit something, does anyone here know if vumatel has a proper outage / status webpage? Can't seem to find anything like that

PBCool

Cool Ideas
Hi, I'm on CI + vumatel in Melrose. No internet access currently, I know there have been guys laying cables recently. Worried they've hit something, does anyone here know if vumatel has a proper outage / status webpage? Can't seem to find anything like that
Vumatel doesnt have an outage/status page, you would need to use ours: https://coolideas.co.za/announcements/

Also if there were teams trenching etc and they hit a cable, in most cases it wouldn't be seen as an outage unless it was a core ring they break. Log it as a line down as normal.

Elro

I am aware, this means the layer2 from MFN isnt complete as yet, I am awaiting feedback from them.
I'm sorted thank you. Edzisani helped me from your help desk. The router was sent to me already configured and it was set up wrong.

Phinix

Expert Member
So first is to see if PPP based if that session drops, if not run an MTR whilst it is happening which will show where the traffic dies.
Ok I will leave an mtr running in the background tonight and see if i can catch it.

Phinix

Expert Member
We can try add your IP to our polling as well to map it.
I have it running now since the only reason I notice it at night is twitch streams just stop. So can't be 100% sure that it's not happening during the day.

I will pm you my current IP, but if the connection is dropping then I assume since it's dynamic it will reassign a new one every time it drops.

(pm sent)

PBCool

Cool Ideas
Seems Vumatel having issues in the west again, I don't see any notices as yet.