Cool Ideas Fibre ISP – Feedback Thread 3

PBCool

Cool Ideas
Can either of the CI support chaps help me with an update on the state of my line speed upgrade? Logged it over the weekend (fair enough), but I've had no feedback whatsoever other than the standard automated one.

#COOL-20200815-492768
Sure, apologies there is a major backlog of regrades the team is working through.

labratza

Expert Member
@PBCool
Ticket Number:
#COOL-20200727-481855

do you know if we can push this for activation soon as it is a mission at moment trying to operate as there is only edge coverage in the area

TheRoDent

Cool Ideas Rep
Can either of the CI support chaps help me with an update on the state of my line speed upgrade? Logged it over the weekend (fair enough), but I've had no feedback whatsoever other than the standard automated one.

#COOL-20200815-492768
Have escalated, apologies for the delay.

Anthony4WYS

So the Fibre was fixed but now the connection keeps dropping and reconnecting after a few minutes. #COOL-20200817-493812

SAguy

Executive Member
Not at home at the moment, so can't check my own... but should I be able to see a light coming out the end of the fibre? Trouble shooting dead internet here by my in laws

labratza

Expert Member
Unfortunately we have to stick to Vodacom's FTTH process. As per the ticket replies we have requested Vodacom to transfer the line to us. It's up to them unfortunately. I will ask the team to follow up.

Would like to find out if the previous tennent account is arrears with Vodacom and Vodacom does not want to release due to arrears does that me we still have to suffer due to someone else? as we are the new owners of the hosue

PBCool

Cool Ideas
Would like to find out if the previous tennent account is arrears with Vodacom and Vodacom does not want to release due to arrears does that me we still have to suffer due to someone else? as we are the new owners of the hosue
If you are the new owners than typically proof of residence allows us to force the release.

labratza

Expert Member
If you are the new owners than typically proof of residence allows us to force the release.
which we have done and we are battling. Proof has been sent through to your team and it does not seem to be helping

PBCool

Cool Ideas
which we have done and we are battling. Proof has been sent through to your team and it does not seem to be helping
Will see what we can do, this is often a challenge with the normal open access guys, so as you can imagine much slower with VC

Sargeant

Hi Guys, I've seen quite a few posts about drops on the Octotel network around Cape Town. How have you gone about diagnosing this?

I want to create a ticket but, want to avoid hitting that Support Centre wall of "restarting your router" etc. etc.

r00igev@@r

Executive Member
OS moved me back to 50/25 from 100/100!

At least I can go and buy a bottle today to take the edge off my disappointment! I was hoping they forgot!