Cool Ideas Fibre ISP – Feedback Thread 3

Toxic T

Expert Member
@PBCool internet down again in the Fourways area. This is getting out of hand. A number of people in my complex has now cancelled their services because of the continues problems. Looks like I wouldn't be far behind if this continues.

wir

Hi, currently in Bloemfontein LHP, with Frogfoot. I have no connectivity this morning.

PBCool

Cool Ideas
Only notices we have are from Vumatel this morning, Northcliff Blackheath, and Fourways Kalgaro

Fibre break and hardware failure, nothing from MFN as yet. So we are awaiting feedback.

PBCool

Cool Ideas
Looks like Vumatel just completed a large metro firmware upgrade, so looks like an auth storm.

labratza

Expert Member
Vumatel is still being hardass about the line sitting with another ISP. I have asked the team to escalate this with our Account Manager given the proof of sale of property as well. This seems to be a standard problem with Vumatel.

All is up and running. Was suprised at Vuma. CPE was faulty and was just before 6PM last night they rocked up to swap it around

MarzAttakz

I just want to say thank you for the hard work you guys put in yesterday, Guild Wars 2 latency back to normal and fairly stable, much appreciated.

Sargeant

We should be able to see from the PPP session history if it's line/network related. So log the ticket and quote it here for me.

@PBCool

Ticket Number:
#COOL-20200820-495652

Logged a ticket this morning after line dropped twice from about 10:00 to 10:300 whist hosting a Teams meeting. Hopefully you can get to the bottom of this but, if I read the comments on the Forum and based on my own experiences, Octotel is nightmarish and just couldn't care about their (captive) customers or reputation.

zolly

Expert Member
Just had a big timeout @PBCool. Hopefully this doesn't drop again, but yes, adding it to the list of disconnects/timeouts for the day.

20082020 PL05.png

Lynton meyer

hi guys

about a week ago i requested a 100mb line from cool ideas through frog foot
i just moved in and all the fiber infrastructure was in the house from the previous owner
so no instillation is needed as i also have my own wifi 6 router
apparently im waiting for vox to release the line so cool idea can register it to me
dose anyone know how much time this will take
iv been waiting for a week and a half since i requested the the line and need internet for work
all i have atm is ' order reference: FRG895259 '

PBCool

Cool Ideas
hi guys

about a week ago i requested a 100mb line from cool ideas through frog foot
i just moved in and all the fiber infrastructure was in the house from the previous owner
so no instillation is needed as i also have my own wifi 6 router
apparently im waiting for vox to release the line so cool idea can register it to me
dose anyone know how much time this will take
iv been waiting for a week and a half since i requested the the line and need internet for work
all i have atm is ' order reference: FRG895259 '
Do you have one of our reference numbers for me?

zolly

Expert Member
And it seems like I spoke to soon @PBCool. Complete loss of traffic on our connection. Had to reset our hardware. See the 5 minute outage below.

20082020 PL06.png