Cool Ideas Fibre ISP – Feedback Thread 3

SpaceCowboy-D

Company Rep
Do you have a ticket for this? We dont get these dips often.
Thanks, we will look into this ticket number. Yeah seems like there's a loop. I'm checking with the seniors in regards to this.

We have looked at your ticket COOL-20200918-513798
We do see drops over your line 4 days back.
We have re configured your Openserve ONT device. Would you mind monitoring the line now and reply on the ticket if it happens again ?

Last edited:

DYreX146

Actually, I have also been noticing small drops in connectivity throughout the day for about the past week in KZN. I'll lose connection to JHB but DBN is still fine when it happens.

I'll mention it when/if it happens again, maybe it's Openserve related.

PBCool

Cool Ideas
Actually, I have also been noticing small drops in connectivity throughout the day for about the past week in KZN. I'll lose connection to JHB but DBN is still fine when it happens.

I'll mention it when/if it happens again, maybe it's Openserve related.
Please log a ticket and quote it here for me.

DeatheCore

Are you guys still working with WIOCC to get the "express route" up and running? Its a small difference in ping but for some reason Apex really does not like jitter which we experience currently.
Yeah we are just waiting on their 100G interfaces should be in the next week or two hopefully.
Yo PBCool, just following up on this? Assume it hasn't happened yet?

PBCool

Cool Ideas
Looks like our interface to Openserve dropped around this time, have requested feedback. Same scenario as before.

ninja cat

Anyone know if this 100/100 package from Octotel is just the line or line + data? Currently on Openserve 20/20 which I can find under "Openserve Line + Data" but the Octotel package doesn't make it clear.

1600851963073.png

PBCool

Cool Ideas
Yo PBCool, just following up on this? Assume it hasn't happened yet?
It hasnt as yet, still awaiting feedback, we follow up every couple days. I think they are expanding their platform to support more 100G ports so it's not just a case of a module its a case of new switch fabric.

PBCool

Cool Ideas
Anyone know if this 100/100 package from Octotel is just the line or line + data? Currently on Openserve 20/20 which I can find under "Openserve Line + Data" but the Octotel package doesn't make it clear.

View attachment 920173
There is no option for line+data with Octotel as it's a fixed service, with Openserve you can flip between data accounts/ISPs Octotel you cant.

So to answer your question that includes the line and data.

ninja cat

There is no option for line+data with Octotel as it's a fixed service, with Openserve you can flip between data accounts/ISPs Octotel you cant.

So to answer your question that includes the line and data.
What's the process for switching? Interested in moving to that Octotel 100mbps package.

Also anyone have experience with Octotel? Especially in CPT, southern suburbs side. Don't want to switch and have network issues.

CrypticZA

Expert Member
What's the process for switching? Interested in moving to that Octotel 100mbps package.

Also anyone have experience with Octotel? Especially in CPT, southern suburbs side. Don't want to switch and have network issues.
Spend an hour on these forums reading up on Octotel and then send me a thank you gift after :D

under_sky

Expert Member
Hi @PBCool are you guys going to be competing at all with this price drop ie double your speed that afrihost is doing ?

PBCool

Cool Ideas
Until v6 is supported everywhere by everyone you will need to either double stack or have a v4 gateway. And the fact that we need to track IP usage by law makes CGNAT the more effective way of utilising the current v4 available.

Also the fact that Vumatel AE doesn't support v6 as yet doesn't really motivate us to deploy a full v6 stack either.

So typically we will do the CGNAT thing first then v6 shortly after and use the same gateways for 6to4 stuff.