Cool Ideas Fibre ISP – Feedback Thread 3

SandMan

Have you logged it for me?

Also which router are you using? Have you tried bypassing it as yet?

Hi @PBCool,

I haven't logged it (luckily). I'm running a Netgear R7800 with custom Voxel firmware. After your query the proverbial lightbulb went on. I checked and found the QoS function was enabled (which sucks) - after disabling the QoS and restarting, my speeds are back to normal.

My apologies for the false alarm... ugh!

tardomatic

We are unfortunately experiencing an outage in Tableview, Sunningdale and Milnerton. Our senior engineers are investigating and trying to get the issue resolved as soon as possible. Please keep an eye on our Network Status page for updates: https://www.frogfootfibre.com/frogfoot/myaccount/home/networkstatus/status.jsp We apologise for the inconveniences caused.

Any update on the ETA for this? its been 8 hours without connection. Not helping the WFH at all.

thehuman

Expert Member
Update is "they are still busy with it" so not much unfortunately :(
Not sure how you guys do it , other isps on frogfoot have a hard time here in port Elizabeth.
My cool ideas connection is about 10 times more stable than some of the other isps.

x7razor

Any one else down on vuma in kraaifontein. Lost connection here blue light flashing on cpe

one.one.one.one.png

Last edited:

Jason-ZA

Not sure how you guys do it , other isps on frogfoot have a hard time here in port Elizabeth.
My cool ideas connection is about 10 times more stable than some of the other isps.

Agreed, things have been great with CISP in PE, while everyone else on other ISPs are complaining.

tardomatic

Zertop

Expert Member
My international (France & Amsterdam) SSH connections are just beyond brilliant tonight! No idea why, but the latency feels as if I'm running on my local terminal. Great job!